Searle's 2011 Setup andAarrival

Sgt Johnson

For those of you that are able to make it to Searle's Raid this year here is a little information for you. The setup and arrival time for the event will be 12 noon Thursday March 3rd at the Fountain of Youth. Remember that you are on your own for food on Thursday. Please, on Thrusday, have your vehicle removed from the camping area as soon as you have unloaded and setup you equipment. There will be no overnight parking of vehicles in the camping area.

If you arrive on Friday during the day please unload as quickly as possible then move your car to the parking area; you can then return to setup your camp. If you arrive on Saturday you will need to park your car in the parking lot then unload your gear. Exceptions will be made for those with handicap access tags issued by a state DMV.

No vehicles will be allowed in camp on Saturday without the authorization of myself or another event organizer. Please see, or call me, if you have any questions about this. This will also stand for after the battle on Saturday night. If you need to break down your camp and leave before Sunday, again please, see an event organizer for help with this.

These rules are our attempt to keep the camping area as "period" as possible. We feel that this will enhance everyone's enjoyment while at the event. Cars will be allowed into camp after 6am on Sunday. If there are any other rules questions that you might have please refer to our website searlesbucs.com

Edited by Sgt Johnson

"For God and the King"

Sgt. Jeff Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'll be one of those pain in the backside Friday arrivals... couldn't get off work... I should be there between 3-4 PM and will toss stuff out quickly then bat my eyelashes so a couple of you strong men can help me set up the tent :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I am the bigger pain in the ass that won't arrive until Friday night. I could only get a bit of time to leave work early. But I have to pick up Patrick in Orlando. I am hoping to Leave South Florida at 2:30, get to Orlando at 5:30 and make it to Auggie by 7:00.

Be sure to pack your rain gear.

30% chance of rain today

50% Saturday

70% Sunday with thunderstorms

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USFL0433

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Not to destroy any illusions of stepping back in time, but if you look south at about 3:39 p.m. Friday (if it goes off on time), an Atlas V is launching from the Cape's Complex 41. It's carrying the super secret but no so secret X-37 back up again.

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

We be here at the FOY Park.....it is drizzilin tis mornin......but......Yo Ho.......may stream something later........

Look forward to seeing you! I should be arriving in about 6 hours! Can someone speed this work day up! :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Weather improving. 20% chance of rain on Saturday. 10 to 20 mph winds though. Sunday, 70% chance of rain.

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

It was kind of a last minute confirmation but I was able to fit this in the schedule. Looking forward to seeing everybody again. I can't make it up there until Saturday afternoon but we'll be there. I figured it was too late for setting up a camp so we decided to rough it at a hotel this time.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Just talked to number of pirates on Skype from the camp of the Mercury. Capt J was kind enough to fly me in (electronically speaking) as they drank rum and wine and ate oysters in the half shell. they are having way too much fun. There's even talk of walking down to the old Anti-pirate fort to raise the flag.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Just talked to number of pirates on Skype from the camp of the Mercury. Capt J was kind enough to fly me in (electronically speaking) as they drank rum and wine and ate oysters in the half shell. they are having way too much fun. There's even talk of walking down to the old Anti-pirate fort to raise the flag.

Well Quartermaster........Your Crew Behaved itself as much as as bunch of pirates could.......and we were such a lucky crew that we got our picture on the front page of the SAR.......and we will bring you your share as soon as we see you.......Yo Ho

PS.....Huzzah to Lt. Jeff, Capt. William, Ensg. Willie Wobble, Sgt. Doug, and all of S.B... that made this raid possible......most wonderfull........Huzzah x10

Yo Ho.......