Pineapple Bootstrap

1stMate Matt

Some of you know that POD does most of my leatherwork that I sport at festivals and events. This is a trade item that I traded him for a hot sword/pistola belt for miss Applebooteh. Anyway, this is quite a bit upgraded then what he picked out for her but I wanted to make it something special for him since he did the same for me.

This is based off of our production 28" cutlass blade. I hand ground a fuller in it and gave it a false edge and pulled the standard edge back a bit then gave the spine a bit of filework.

The hilt is based off of our standard Bootstrap. I upgraded that a bit aswell. Added some file work and some hammer finishing.

The handle is upgraded to a hickory wood handle. I then spiraled it in both directions creating a pineapple effect.

The pommel was custom ground from a bar on the sander to get that pineapple shape.

Her she is:

pineapplebootstrap1a.png

more info and pictures here: http://baltimoreknife.com/pineapplebootstrap.htm

Thanks for looking!

-1stM

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Some of you know that POD does most of my leatherwork that I sport at festivals and events. This is a trade item that I traded him for a hot sword/pistola belt for miss Applebooteh. Anyway, this is quite a bit upgraded then what he picked out for her but I wanted to make it something special for him since he did the same for me.

This is based off of our production 28" cutlass blade. I hand ground a fuller in it and gave it a false edge and pulled the standard edge back a bit then gave the spine a bit of filework.

The hilt is based off of our standard Bootstrap. I upgraded that a bit aswell. Added some file work and some hammer finishing.

The handle is upgraded to a hickory wood handle. I then spiraled it in both directions creating a pineapple effect.

The pommel was custom ground from a bar on the sander to get that pineapple shape.

Her she is:

pineapplebootstrap1a.png

more info and pictures here: http://baltimoreknife.com/pineapplebootstrap.htm

Thanks for looking!

-1stM

Makes me feel a little Greek....If I were a Rich Man........Beautiful Weapon.....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

It's amazing. Thanks for all the extra effort on it.

I can't decide wether to show her the pictures on here or just suprise her with it when it arrives.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Thanks for the comments folks. I think this was a case of all the pieces just coming together. Im so happy with it and I will be doing more "Upgrades" this year. I will soon be highlighting "upgrades" on our website to give people a better idea of what can be done from a base piece.

thatworks.shop

I can't decide wether to show her the pictures on here or just suprise her with it when it arrives.

BTW, I havn't forgotten the lizard. I will be engraving it on the blade today.

thatworks.shop

Nice job, Matt. My husband, Chain Shot, has one of your first Bootstrap cutlasses, he bought from a vendor in Ojai two years ago. So far, he hasn't been able to find anyone who can make a scabbard for it. Be nice if you could hook up with someone who does that, and recommend him/her to folks. Or, since you have the blade profile, offer the scabbard as part of the sale. Just a thought, as it seems scabbards are hard to come by.

BTW, Chain Shot loves his Bootstrap cutlass, and has received many compliments on it. ^_^

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hey Randsom, The dealer on the west coast for us is Age of Chivalry. They are one of the only vendors who doesnt make scabbards for our blades. Our main dealer Legacy Forge makes them for every blade as he would rather see us focus on making swords which they cant do, but leather is easy enough to do on the road.

Try contacting Paul Dubro of Legacy Forge on Facebook. He can hook you up as he stocks leather for most of my blades.

thatworks.shop

Thanks, Matt. Will do. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

BTW, I havn't forgotten the lizard. I will be engraving it on the blade today.

Sweet she'll love that

bannerad.jpg

I took a look at the pics you put on facebook, very nice. Once i have some more money, I'll probably have you make me a custom Dussagge. but with a wooden handle I love dussagges, they're so cool, very unique, both artistic and a nasty peice of work as far as the blade goes.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

very cool. I just know as soon as she gets it she will have me making her a scabbard for it lol

Yea and you are super doomed because then you will have a pattern for my standard cutlass blades. :)

thatworks.shop

very cool. I just know as soon as she gets it she will have me making her a scabbard for it lol

Yea and you are super doomed because then you will have a pattern for my standard cutlass blades. :)

ha ha yeah thats good to know as I am sure I will be ordering at least another blade off you at some point.

bannerad.jpg

That and i get at least a few cutlass orders across the pond and I always have to send them to someone over here. This way I send them to you!

Haha! My master plan unfolds! Didnt know what you were getting yourself into did ya? Pirate!?

thatworks.shop

• 2 weeks later...

That and i get at least a few cutlass orders across the pond and I always have to send them to someone over here. This way I send them to you!

Haha! My master plan unfolds! Didnt know what you were getting yourself into did ya? Pirate!?

Ha ha well my first foray into scabbard making didnt turn out to bad so hopefully by the time i do a couple more i will be a seasoned professional ;)

bannerad.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hows the sword coming along Bro? Did you get it shipped yet?

you have one coming too? i ordered one alos but i am doing a cutlass with the pineapple handle , with a nautical rose on top of the guard, with a spade cut out on the guard, with a bronze skull as the pommel.

sounds cool. The one pictured above is my actual one. Well my wifes anyway

bannerad.jpg