another new hat.....

Dutchman

lookey lookey what i ran over leaving work. yup, got onto the interstate and saw this sitting upside down on the side of the road. So I turned myself around at the next "authorized use only" median and went back to fetch it. Well it came up so quickly that I ran it over on the recovery lap. Still in good shaped- its a townsend. Now, to leave it or modify?

0215111734.jpg

Wow, awesome find 'Hawkeye'... There must be a story behind it. B)

"Well there's something you don't see every day, Chauncey." "What's that Bert?" "An 18th century tricorne laying on the side of the interstate." "Nope, never saw one before, Bert."

Jas. Hook B)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

You found it? Next you will try to sell us the moon....dry.gif

...or the Brooklyn Bridge B) B)

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

no kidding! just found it on the side of the road upside down. Medallion facing the road way, otherwise would not have noticed it. Looped around and grabbed it. Of course I was driving home from work, so I did have *ahem* a slight advantage in getting to it without much effort.

im a first rate scrounger so im always looking along roads. normally i don't stop on interstates, but htis one was easy, not necessarily safe, to get to. I have not bought bungees or ratchet straps in years. My best find was a 20x60 foot canvas and rubber truckers cover, bundled up- must have just rolled off the trailer bed. Ladders are pretty common as well, but they usually bust or get run over. I have a couple of nice heavy extension cords as well, but I don't trust ones that have been run over. I have more plastic gas jugs than i know what to do with as well as a few of the construction drink coolers. I took a back road home one day and found a half dozen life jackets spread out over four miles.

no kidding! just found it on the side of the road upside down. Medallion facing the road way, otherwise would not have noticed it. Looped around and grabbed it. Of course I was driving home from work, so I did have *ahem* a slight advantage in getting to it without much effort.

If I see a post from someone on another list saying they're missing it, do you wan to hear about it? It is a lovely hat, someone will be missing it (unless it's a prop and they just don't care) I can't imagine how it'd get lost on a highway, but then I never expected to get a bayonette hole in one of mine, either. Fortunately we ladies can cover such things with pretty trimmings wink.gif

If I see a post from someone on another list saying they're missing it, do you wan to hear about it? It is a lovely hat, someone will be missing it (unless it's a prop and they just don't care) I can't imagine how it'd get lost on a highway, but then I never expected to get a bayonette hole in one of mine, either. Fortunately we ladies can cover such things with pretty trimmings wink.gif

Good Gawd - now a story of a hat with a bayonet hole in it. B) Jeez, my hat is beginning to look rather nondescript. and rather... common. B)

Jas. Hook ;)

cool find! My best find ever was a Weatherby MkV in .300 Win. Mag, Leuoplod 80mm scope, bipod, and aluminum case, with a Case xx knife and three boxes of ammo.

I wasn't very pyratey though, I waited at the little country store drinking coffee until I saw a truck speed down the road and park at a driveway nearby and two guys looking like whipped pups scanning the ditches. They sure liked me a lot. :rolleyes:

Bo

jeny, by all means. i would like to return it to the owner. there are a couple of size marks on the inside and it is obviously a custom hat from Townsend. I contacted them, but they couldn't identify the owner from those though. The hat was recovered in central Virginia.

nice find !! dutch, as far as the extension cords go, plug them into a gfci pigtail ( at hardware stores ) to test them... mebbe plug in a drill and hit the trigger to give them a further test... if the gfci doesn't trip, consider the cord good... BTW you probably use the gfci pigtails at the luna construction site, or if you don't, please do !! jsut an extra safety feature :)