Critter Update

For those that remember, we rescued a couple of animals over the course of the past three/four years. One was a "wild horse that nobody could do anything with.":

His first few days at our house:

Rocky5.jpg

Today:

snow2011016.jpg

snow2011012.jpg

snow2011017.jpg

This is Choco going on six now. He's supposed to be MY horse, but the little lady has stolen him away.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Choc is actually a registered Quarter horse. His owners were getting a divorce and he was left behind when they moved out. We were told by their neighbor that the guy was so scared of him that he would trow the hay over the fence from three feet away, and would fill the water tank from the same distance from the fence. They said they watched Choco chase him through the pasture several times when he would try to put a halter on him.

Bo

Funny how a horse can Sense fear .... It's all in how you are around them.

Now that I look closer I can see that it doesent have the mustangs Roman nose.

Nice looking horse though. Good that someone takes the time to take them in!

Edited by peglegstrick

Looks more Arab than QH or Stang. Nice little horsey though. :)

Aye. They just know who to respect and who not to respect. They WILL test you.

Tis a good thing you are doing, Bo. It's another chance for them. Just like orphan kids. I condemn people who cannot take care of their pets well enough, especially those who leave their animals behind to starve to death. Saw this recently with the local animal shelter here. 3 Coon Hounds were brought in looking like nothing by skin and bones in horrible shape, bloody and cuts, etc all over them. Plus another dog, an Aussie Shepherd that was just left behind when the people moved, tied to a car engine in a garage with no food or water. It was a miracle it was alive when the authorities found it. Animals with illnesses, like a dog with congestive heart failure, and they just give it up to the shelter instead at least attempting to make it's last days comfortable.

Bo... you are doing a great thing. Keep it up, my friend.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

If I had more acreage I'd adopt too many! We have turned down three since the first of the year, eight since last fall. Just don't have anywhere to put them or enough money to feed more than we already have. Times are bad for everyone and many horses are being abandoned in our area. They have to hire sheriff's deputies to patrol horse auctions to make sure people don't just drive away leaving their unwanted horses tied to a fence. Yes, it really happens often.

Bo

I used to do The War between the Stated reenactments as a Georgia Trouper (Calvary) and you form a bond with your horse. They have Personalitys & feelings like any other living creature. A horse is a lot smarter than most people give them credit for.

Bo what you are doing is Great & I commend you for it!!!

Yessir, I did Missouri Partisan Ranger(bushwhacker) in my younger days before it was popular or even accepted. The boys and I used to go on weekend campout rides just like our ancestors did, sometimes getting permission to ride and camp where the Partisans did. There's something happens when you sleep on the ground by the static line under you horse's head in the same place those fellers did. My wife trains horses for folks that are not quite what you'd call experienced riders, and she is always hollerin at me for "getting too close" and I just grin and say "there ain't no such thang!"

Bo