Anyone wanna make a cameo?

Dread Pyrate Greyhound

I am currently working on writing a pirate/fantasy novel, hopefully a series, set in a parrellel world in the Golden Age of Pirates and I need to fill some character space, if anyone is interested in making a cameo in it I'd be welcome to mention them in passing in one of the books. but I can't reveal too much about the plot since i'm a little paranoid someone will steal my ideas. But if you are interested you should post here and give me some info like your pirate's mannerisms, nature, what they're known for and theur their ship(s) and its name, class and armenement.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

Ye needs a Pegleg I'm in, Commodore Sir !!! Aye that I am

Iron Hand be a Lowdly-Quiet man of Mystery. He runs his ship like a Mercenery Hessian with a Grudge against the World, but he treats his crew with respect, as long as they do what's required of them. He's honest to a fault and able ta lie his way out of any situation, I mean twist the Truth when necessary. He's a good Captain to have as a Friend but a terrible one to have as an Enemy. He loves ta drink but expects his men ta be able to act soberly. There's non meaner and non kinder. Slow and Sure he is and rarely made the fool, least not more than once...Savvy?

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

Aye sir, I be more than willin' ta make a cameo in yer writing!

Cap'n B. (or iffin' ye want to be more proper Cap'n Daniel Bellamy) be a silver tongued rogue, drinkin' rum an' sailin' his triple masted Bermuda Sloop, The Sweet Maria (6x 9-pounders on deck). Cap'n B is well-known fer his sense of humor, and abilities with a blade.

Edited by CaptainB

"If I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice..."

Iron Hand be a Lowdly-Quiet man of Mystery. He runs his ship like a Mercenery Hessian with a Grudge against the World, but he treats his crew with respect, as long as they do what's required of them. He's honest to a fault and able ta lie his way out of any situation, I mean twist the Truth when necessary. He's a good Captain to have as a Friend but a terrible one to have as an Enemy. He loves ta drink but expects his men ta be able to act soberly. There's non meaner and non kinder. Slow and Sure he is and rarely made the fool, least not more than once...Savvy?

Very nice, I can definatly use this, I actually like this enough I'd put you on the fifteen men council but unfortunatly, I can't because I don't want to be unfair to anyone.

If you need a gyspy/fortune teller/voodoo lady/shady caracter I'm at your service Commodore ;)

I actually alredy have a chinese fortune teller who travels with the main captain and writes prophicys for him, but the main character does spend some time in the barbary coast, and I have considered adding a ship of Sea Rom or sea gypsys to one of the books, i might be able to add you, just give me some character info.

Cap'n B. (or iffin' ye want to be more proper Cap'n Daniel Bellamy) be a silver tongued rogue, drinkin' rum an' sailin' his triple masted Bermuda Sloop, The Sweet Maria (6x 9-pounders on deck). Cap'n B is well-known fer his sense of humor, and abilities with a blade.

hmm... i could make you one of the patrons of a Tavern on the main pirate haven, give you a line to say in relation to a particular event or story the main character is telling? would that be alright?

do you have a ship? if you're not a captain i could add you to the main character's crew and you may be a recuring character... or perhaps your cameo is a departure from the main character's crew and you heading off on your own?

nice o ye ta look to us lads fer some reference mate

(tips hat & smiles)

mum always said " be a gentleman scotty" and so

has always been me nature it has. but at times the

scots in me comes out ..keep that ta yerself lad

sailed wit capt chris from new providence i did

had no need ta meet ol' woodes n 'is kind.

a dutch ship needed a new crewe so we ablidged

an named 'er the flying dragon we did!

and thee 'ventures began..spanish main..thee gold

coat..sainte marie..

aye..me father said id back beggin' fer bread in less

n a year .. NEVER!

nice o ye ta look to us lads fer some reference mate

(tips hat & smiles)

mum always said " be a gentleman scotty" and so

has always been me nature it has. but at times the

scots in me comes out ..keep that ta yerself lad

sailed wit capt chris from new providence i did

had no need ta meet ol' woodes n 'is kind.

a dutch ship needed a new crewe so we ablidged

an named 'er the flying dragon we did!

and thee 'ventures began..spanish main..thee gold

coat..sainte marie..

aye..me father said id back beggin' fer bread in less

n a year .. NEVER!

Interesting, your character is scottish right? There is a time in the book when i try to illustrate the nature of the main pirate haven by describing a pirate who frequents it and flies his kilt painted with a skull and crossbones as his jolly roger, sound like something you might do? or would be interesting to you?

hmm... i could make you one of the patrons of a Tavern on the main pirate haven, give you a line to say in relation to a particular event or story the main character is telling? would that be alright?

That be right fine by me Commodore!

"If I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice..."

Any room for a Spaniard?

A nasty Ol' Spaniard whose meager crew annoys him more than anything.

Caught stealing from the plate fleet leaving Potosi, Columbia, he was stripped of his command. He amassed quite a fortune in his years with Spain. He now is a dark figure within the Caribbean. A mercenary. Hard to find, because he knows you are looking for him. He has many, many bookkeepers, soldiers, captains, pirates and privateers and spies within his payroll. He know when each ship leaves the South American coast and what each has on board. Not settling for logwood traders from the Bay of Campeche, or local fisherman from the Yucatan, he takes from those wealthy enough to lose it: Statesman, Government officials, and the Crown.

Currently operating out of the Dry Tortugas, he has a small bumbling crew working for him.

"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

0000banner-accommodation.png

A spaniard is fine, there is actually already a female spanish type captain in the first novel. But I should tell you, although the world this is set in is parralell to our own, it is more of a made up fantasy world, so while there are nations similar to countrys like England, France and Spain, it is very different. The Spanish parrallel nation is called 'Hapsburg' but they share many traits of Spain and her colonies in the 1600s, coincidentily, this is set in what would be the age of buccaneers. If that is acceptable to you i will include you as a once Hapsburg Admiral turned pirate guilty of embezzlement and with the other traites you mentioned.

If you need a gyspy/fortune teller/voodoo lady/shady caracter I'm at your service Commodore :rolleyes:

I actually alredy have a chinese fortune teller who travels with the main captain and writes prophicys for him, but the main character does spend some time in the barbary coast, and I have considered adding a ship of Sea Rom or sea gypsys to one of the books, i might be able to add you, just give me some character info.

Spain in order to get rid of it's minority and add to the slave trade , increase Gyspy persecution desbanding the camps and sending them as slaves to new colonies, such is the fate of Carmella's camp in the voyage they are attack by pirates . Due her extreme "dislike" of the Spaniards she stabbs a soldier and saves one of the pirates , not knowing she had save the Captain , earning her freedom and his gratitude. She is taken to the town were they port , being on her teens she is placed at the care of a "madam" friend of the Captain were she establish herself at later age as fortune teller/ healer tending to locals wenches and escapes from the law.:D

Edited by Zingara Carmella
Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Spain in order to get rid of it's minority and add to the slave trade , increase Gyspy persecution desbanding the camps and sending them as slaves to new colonies, such is the fate of Carmella's camp in the voyage they are attack by pirates . Due her extreme "dislike" of the Spaniards she stabbs a soldier and saves one of the pirates , not knowing she had save the Captain , earning her freedom and his gratitude. She is taken to the town were they port , being on her teens she is placed at the care of a "madam" friend of the Captain were she establish herself at later age as fortune teller/ healer tending to locals wenches and escapes from the law.:D

I could definatly use this, the good captain in the books is bound to sustain some injury of some kind along the way. so meeting with a healer after a huge battle to tend to the crew's wounds could do it, i try to work that in.

Feel free to add me as an Itinerant Tinker...maker of functional and ruggedly useful items that are sometimes more usable than pretty.....or just a name...My first name is Wes, so I am tinking of becoming Wesley Harlowe (different spelling of my middle name).....and just leaving off me last name.....

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

This is Sol, my pirate captain; this is Angel, presently pirate, former corsair and smuggler, this is Chago, a mercenary, and this is Belle, a tavern keeper and pirate host. If you want Navy guys, I have a couple, too...

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Ye make an interesting offer. Pondering this one.

I doubt I could squeeze in all th' info ye'd need in a simple post here, sir. There be that much information about the wicked Lady. She's quite a past filled with war, adventure, slavery, loves lost, and much more plus to add on these: Beloved of a man Hell hath spat out, Sister of the Syren, Servant of the Sea, one of Blackbeard's Angels, Master and Commander of a fine ship named th' Resurrection with a fine crew - even have picked out th' fictional crew as to who is who, their names, etc. Plus, a good short version of the Lady's life is in m' profile "About Me" as well. Tis worth a ganderin' look. :D

Ye sure ye don't want me t' email ye th' info?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well, scupper me hide, I'd surely fancy bein' included. I'd have to make up some good lies for ye to use, belike...which I can't do just this minute, cuz I be at work, goose me with a handspike...

And just as a beside...I like brigs, I do...

Edited by Capn Bob

Damn, thats sharp!

Ye make an interesting offer. Pondering this one.

I doubt I could squeeze in all th' info ye'd need in a simple post here, sir. There be that much information about the wicked Lady. She's quite a past filled with war, adventure, slavery, loves lost, and much more plus to add on these: Beloved of a man Hell hath spat out, Sister of the Syren, Servant of the Sea, one of Blackbeard's Angels, Master and Commander of a fine ship named th' Resurrection with a fine crew - even have picked out th' fictional crew as to who is who, their names, etc. Plus, a good short version of the Lady's life is in m' profile "About Me" as well. Tis worth a ganderin' look. :blink:

Ye sure ye don't want me t' email ye th' info?

~Lady B

email works good too.