The Novels of Robin Hobb

Jib

I am almost finished with the first book in Robin Hobbs Liveship Traders Trilogy "Ship of Magic". It is a fine read if you enjoy a little fantasy blended in with your sea adventure tales. Lots of detail and while I must admit to finding the main character rather boring (Althea) I do like the pirate captain.

Any fans? Any who have knowledge of Robin Hobbs world?

I have read two of the the three Liveship books. They were pretty good, but a tedious red sometimes. And later in the series, as more characters are introduced and the plot develops, it jumps back and forth a lot so it's a tad hard to keep track of some things. But I do think they were a very entertaining read.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

I'm about 80% through the first novel in the series. I can tell that it will not wrap up and that I will have to continue the tale in the remaining 2 novels. I do agree that parts are tedious.

I'm about 80% through the first novel in the series. I can tell that it will not wrap up and that I will have to continue the tale in the remaining 2 novels. I do agree that parts are tedious.

It is pretty good though right? This lass can spin a right fine tale o' the sea! I think there's also a sequel series to the Liveship Books. I ran accross a book by her in Borders... I think. It was called Dragon something. I picked it up and read the inside and a lot of the same characters from Liveship traders are present.

Oh yes it's a good book! I like the pirate captain best even though I get the feeling he is the main villain for the series. The starting chapter on Treasure Beach is wonderful... very different from most fantasy tales.

The starting chapter on Treasure Beach is wonderful... very different from most fantasy tales.

Yeah, the Treasure Beach part was very origonal, and very good, sadly I quit reading the last one about half or three quarters through. I forget why, but it was getting really good.