Midwest snowstorm

Im kind of surprised... and hopefuly not jinxing anything, but so far it has been a lot of rain, and only a dusting of snow... my heart goes out to those who are snowed in.

Obviously you didn't lose power. Ours went out around 4 am. It finally came back around 4:30 pm.

Got Home yesterday after a 36 hour stretch at me office. The roads were passable for the most part, but I did get stuck turning into me apartment complex. Fortunately, a few kind-hearted souls helped me out, and I made it safely. It be me sincerest wish tat all o' you good pirate folk that have been affected survive in safety and comfort til the end o' this disaster (which is what it has been officially declared here Oklahoma).

"If I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice..."

LMAO!!! Oh, amen, Bo! Apparently those talking about Global Warming haven't lived in the Midwest! :)

Looks like where I live, Bo. Drifts up to 4 feet high, and the piles on the side of the road over 6 foot! Crazy. Haven't seen snow like this in a while and just filled with glee.

Dogge... you should have been here in Iowa. I guarantee it, you would have been putting your jeep to the test. Or even Chicago for that matter. Wow, was awesome!

Oh, Gertie... it was brilliant! So much snow.

Thanks, Hurricane. Yes, generally from the north, again we are use to this and honestly, I'm bummed out when it doesn't snow much or at least have one storm like this. Just not a normal winter to me. Bring on the cold, bring on the snow. At least with cold, you can pile on the layers. You can NOT take off the layers the hotter it gets. Cause once you get to the bare skin and you are still hot to the point of heat stroke, nothing much else to do other than get into AC. Haha, ironic.. get into the cold!

So, yes... you can keep your warm weather for now. I'm enjoying the snow. I just don't like the road graders all that well. Spent the whole afternoon yesterday digging out the drivway after a road grader drove by, pushing snow up to nearly 5 feet high. And this morning as well. At least that was just over 2 feet. Bah!

Tucker ( the dog) is REALLY enjoying the snow. He's ALWAYS playing in it. The only way to get him back inside so he doesn't freeze, is to drag him inside! The dog LOVES the snow. :)

Oh, yes. The cold. The temps reached in the teens below zero, with wind chills between 20 to 30 below zero. Typical following a storm like that.

No need for your heart to go out to us, Micheal. I don't think any of us were stranded on Lake Shore Drive or anywhere else. I think most of us were too smart to be stuck in this.

Can't wait for the next snow storm. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!