Make me a wrist support?

Iron Bess

Hello you creative mates o'mine,

I am trying to get back a bit of my life and am starting in small ways.

I am playing my Bodhran again but find a need for a bit of wrist support since the surgery.

I am looking for a wrist brace two inches and maybe a little more wide that is not so stiff as to not be flexable. When I get to drumming I fly! :lol: It cannot be a lacing style but with SECURE snaps or ???

I'd like it carved with a more lifelike Seahorse and or some really nice Celtic knot work... soft browns and greens or... ??

Anyway, I thought I'd give you Pirates the first shot as it were.. :lol:

Any ideas anyone? ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I could do a plain one, I have some fairly supple leather that I made a shooting pouch from, but I have no punches to do any creative designs. I have snaps that never get used anymore. Could do a small buckle or two, but I'd be concerned about them getting snagged on clothing or damaging the drum. A lace-up type is completely out of the question? What about a toggle/loop cnnection (this could be adjusted as neede whereas snaps are not)? What is the measurement around the wrist?

Whatever you decide, the lap-over should probably be worn on top of the wrist and not under so as not to hit on the drum head. Or, I could use,(I can't beleive I'm typing this but..), what about velcro? (ugh- I need some rum to wash that taste outta my mouth...) It would help with support and is adjustable, hidden under the leather, this would also let a design show on top of the wrist. I could do the wristband if you know someone who can do the punch-work.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.