stays out of cashmere coating fabric ???

lady constance

major booty of awesome cashmere winter coats....for mega cheap!!!

wonder if anyone has done/ attempted this before...

i gather that they will be quite a bit bulkier than regular stays.... but i see tremendous advantage as far as sewing trim around...as in, i plan on just whip/ button hole stitching around the tabs for finishing.... and tis pure glory to sew thru wool/ cashmere... using silk thread of course!!!

TIA for all comments/suggestions/advice

You only plan on wearing these for cold weather, right?

major booty of awesome cashmere winter coats....for mega cheap!!!

wonder if anyone has done/ attempted this before...

i gather that they will be quite a bit bulkier than regular stays.... but i see tremendous advantage as far as sewing trim around...as in, i plan on just whip/ button hole stitching around the tabs for finishing.... and tis pure glory to sew thru wool/ cashmere... using silk thread of course!!!

TIA for all comments/suggestions/advice

• 4 weeks later...

There are extant stays covered with worsted wool, but this is a thin fabric, not the least bit fuzzy, in fact it can look like linen at first glance.

It all depends on the standards you are going for. Stays tend to be a lot of work. I have not seen any with whipstitch or buttonhole stitch around the tabs — they are bound with leather. So, if you don't care about making them like the originals, or the tabs will always be concealed by a gown, then it sounds like an interesting experiment.

What advantages are there to the cashmere, other than it being cheap? It does not take a lot of fabric to cover stays.