Flyin Pirate April 9 & 10

El Pirata

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the Flyin Pirate event in NC April 9 & 10? From what I have researched it's a run event and I entered the 1/2 marathon on the 10th but that's about all I know. I will wear a little pirate garb, well progably just a pirate for hire ball cap because running 13.1 miles in pirate garb would be bordering on the nigh in possible.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

• 1 month later...

Guess no one else is doing this. I have a "One Eyed Willie" biking jersey I am planning on wearing for the event. I thought about wearing my regular pirate garb but 13.1 miles is a heck of a long way to wear that while running.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

There's always a head scarf and neckerchief. :blink:

13.1 Harrrump! That's 13 more than I could do. :lol: I guess I'll have to stand and fight.

Good luck with the run!

Jas. Hook :P

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I'm with ya Jas. Unless there is a bar at the end with free drinks, I would see little point. I think that's why they invented cars.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'm with ya Jas. Unless there is a bar at the end with free drinks, I would see little point. I think that's why they invented cars.

Hurricane -

Bar and drinks??? I doubt it, they're never that civilized.

It's usually just a tape and gatorade at the finish. :P Hardly worth haulin' anchor for.:P

El Pirata -

You could also add a sash around you waist.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney