Your Favorite Toy as a Kid

Mission

What was your favorite toy as a kid? What happened to it?

Mine was the 1978 Death Star and I still have the bits and pieces of it. (Actually, it's not in that bad of shape - I always put it back in the box when I was done playing with it.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

When I was about 7 and obsessed with All Things Medieval, my dad splurged and bought me a beautiful, hand-painted castle to go with my set of knights. I played with that castle daily for years. A few years ago, in cleaning out my dad's house after his death, I was absolutely thrilled to find the castle intact in the attic. It resides proudly atop the bookshelf in my den, and I get a sense of real satisfaction every time I see it. Now where did I put those knights...

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

Most definitely my Hasbro G.I. Joe figures and accessories from the 1960's and 70's. I still have much of it and my step-son talks me into getting them out occaisionally, but I won't let anyone else play with those veterans of many wars and spec-ops.B)

He who is content, has everything.