Santa Maria - Pirate Weekend May 2011 -May 14 - 15

michaelsbagley

Master Alan and I are still planning to be there. When is the latest I can get you items for the auction?

I'm hoping to have all auction items in my possession by May 1st, so I can get the auction set up on eBay well ahead of time to avoid racing to do it at the last moment. I discovered AFTER the last auction we did, I can set up eBay auctions to start at a later date, and I very much plan and hope to take full advantage of that this time. We (the organizers, and anyone else who cares to toss in their two cents) still need to discuss whether the auction will begin during the event, or aim to have the auction wrap at near the tail end of the event. I think in the past we have started the auction on the Friday night of the event weekend, and run it a week... To give both participants and spectators an optimal chance to bid.... And I would be inclined to go with that schedule again... But I am open to ideas or suggestions.

PM or email me when and if you decide to donate. Honestly just having you and Alan here is going to be great!

Edit - Damn madPete, while I knew it was a long shot for you to be here, I was really hoping we'd get to see you again!

Michael_banner.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only two days to go.... and the auction items are all already posted on eBay, but they are currenttly invisible to everyone but me... And will be until the start time begins this Friday at 7:00 PM EST... I wish they could be visible prior to the auction starts, but eBay has it's limitations...

Regardless, we went through the list of those coming and factoring in the last minute "real life' sideswipes that always occur, we are guessing for a crowd of 30 to 35 for this one. Which while it doesn't beat our record for attendance, does pretty much tie it up. With the water levels being as high as they are (although receded to safe levels from the flood levels of weeks ago) it is looking like both the Black Sheep and Firefly will be in attendance, on top of the ever present HMS Scow (the ship's canoe)... There is also a very good chance there will be a fourth small craft present (Burgoo's boat, not sure what it is named).

Kate_Souris and Jennie G and Trish have all been working hard to ensure that we will all be fed, and the menu is pretty much set and looks great! (see the Facebook page for details, and we still could use some more folks chipping in snack type stuff).

Please contact me if you are coming and you think either Mark G, Jennie G. Kate_souris, or myself are unaware of your coming. Can't wait to see everyone there!

Michael_banner.jpg