Santa Maria - Pirate Weekend May 2011 -May 14 - 15

michaelsbagley

More details to come, but you can find the "Spectators" Facebook page at this Link, the Spectator's Web Page at this link, and most importantly for those of you who wish to join us as re-enactors or pirate entertainers, the participants web page at this link. We are toying with the idea of a "Partipants" Facebook (group?) page, as just about everyone who comes uses Facebook, whereas not all particpants are Pyracy "pubbers" (shame on them!). :rolleyes: I'll share the link when it is created (or whoever sets it up will). This Facebook group page will be for those seriously considering coming only, and an all business page, or at least mostly business anyways (if we do it). If we do this, it is not to be exclusionary or secretive, but to keep available information accessible to the majority of the participants, and not buried due to idle chat and banter (as is what happens on forums sometimes).

As of this posting I have not updated the 2011 dates on the web pages yet (although I hope to get that done soon).

Also, I am now officially fishing for donations for the May 2011 Santa Maria edition of the Dead Man's Chest auction. I have a couple of great ideas for items I will be donating, here's hoping others are feeling as generous as well!

Michael_banner.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be well worth the drive! Michael and his wife are good pirates and Great people! Not to mention his hand made clothing and accessories are the Gucci of the pirate world! Technically your kit is incomplete until you own a Bagley piece, I would go just in hopes of winning whatever museum quality Bagley custom pieces he decides to auction off.

Edited by Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

Would be well worth the drive! Michael and his wife are good pirates and Great people! Not to mention his hand made clothing and accessories are the Gucci of the pirate world! Technically your kit is incomplete until you own a Bagley piece, I would go just in hopes of winning whatever museum quality Bagley custom pieces he decides to auction off.

You should come! We'd love to have you Chrispy! You too Beowulf! It would be good for me to not be the only token Canadian for once!

However, in case you (this means anyone) can't make it, the auction will likely be done on eBay (or something similar) so those who can't make it have a chance to get to bid on the "Bagley Originals" as well.... although doing the auction online does take away the chance for really fun auctioneers to do their job. :rolleyes:

On an unrelated note, Beowulf, if you have a long weekend for St. Jean Baptiste day (do company's in Montreal give that as a holiday?) there is the Put-In-Bay festival that weekend which would only be a 10 hour drive.... We'd love to have you at both, but I thought if I suggest both options, it would increase your chance of making it to one or the other.

Michael_banner.jpg

On an unrelated note, Beowulf, if you have a long weekend for St. Jean Baptiste day (do company's in Montreal give that as a holiday?) there is the Put-In-Bay festival that weekend which would only be a 10 hour drive.... We'd love to have you at both, but I thought if I suggest both options, it would increase your chance of making it to one or the other.

Yes it is an hollyday weekend in Montreal....hum 10 hours drive...tempting...when a share the ride Beowulf? ....aaargggg so many cool things to do but they are so far away... will have to negotiate with the wife :rolleyes:

More details to come, but you can find the "Spectators" Facebook page at this Link, the Spectator's Web Page at this link, and most importantly for those of you who wish to join us as re-enactors or pirate entertainers, the participants web page at this link. We are toying with the idea of a "Partipants" Facebook (group?) page, as just about everyone who comes uses Facebook, whereas not all particpants are Pyracy "pubbers" (shame on them!). B) I'll share the link when it is created (or whoever sets it up will). This Facebook group page will be for those seriously considering coming only, and an all business page, or at least mostly business anyways (if we do it). If we do this, it is not to be exclusionary or secretive, but to keep available information accessible to the majority of the participants, and not buried due to idle chat and banter (as is what happens on forums sometimes).

As of this posting I have not updated the 2011 dates on the web pages yet (although I hope to get that done soon).

Also, I am now officially fishing for donations for the May 2011 Santa Maria edition of the Dead Man's Chest auction. I have a couple of great ideas for items I will be donating, here's hoping others are feeling as generous as well!

We are thinking of making a few changes in the way visitors are handled. Last time the weekend was so popular that the tours were too large. With PoTC coming out a few days after our event, I expect this to be a big weekend. We will probably let visitors wonder around the ship at their own pace instead of being part of a big groups. This gives the reenactors more chances to interact with the public a few at a time (too bad pirates are notoriously shy). I assume that we can coax Mission to set up his surgeon display. If anyone else would like to set up a display, let me know and we can reserve some space for you.

Mark

Gucci? where was I ?

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

We are thinking of making a few changes in the way visitors are handled. Last time the weekend was so popular that the tours were too large. With PoTC coming out a few days after our event, I expect this to be a big weekend. We will probably let visitors wonder around the ship at their own pace instead of being part of a big groups. This gives the reenactors more chances to interact with the public a few at a time (too bad pirates are notoriously shy). I assume that we can coax Mission to set up his surgeon display. If anyone else would like to set up a display, let me know and we can reserve some space for you.

Mark

put me down for Setting up something....weapons...prettiest Pirate...fighting on board ships...dunno ...but i will be loud about something!?!?

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

put me down for Setting up something....weapons...prettiest Pirate...fighting on board ships...dunno ...but i will be loud about something!?!?

You have a "prize winning" presentation on period bedroom attire, perhaps you could bless us with that again. :D But on a more serious note, you always do an awesome job, I know that whatever you do, it will be done well.

Michael_banner.jpg

We have tossed the dice and........The Lass and I are commin....count us in...M, we would like to help in some way......and please contact me...I have more questions..........Yo Ho !

Edited by Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

I ain't good fer nuthin'. Can I still come?

Please do.... I'm tired of being the only one who is gud far nuttin! :blink:

And the only Canadian to boot. Seriously mate, let me know what you need or if you have any questions. are we linked on Facebook? (Do you use Facebook?) If you do use Facebook contact me there so I can add you to the organizational group board so you can get a good idea of the variety of folks and ideas that surround the event.

Michael_banner.jpg

I ain't good fer nuthin'. Can I still come?

Please do.... I'm tired of being the only one who is gud far nuttin! :huh:

Mickey,

For some reason my wife (Lass) takes pride in all that French Canadian blood that runs through her vanes....so you are not alone !!!!!!!! Yo Ho!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

And the only Canadian to boot. Seriously mate, let me know what you need or if you have any questions. are we linked on Facebook? (Do you use Facebook?) If you do use Facebook contact me there so I can add you to the organizational group board so you can get a good idea of the variety of folks and ideas that surround the event.

Yo Ho.......

Well master Alan and I have discussed it and would like to attend your event if you would have us. Do you have a need of any particular display? Can we get a little room to swing our hammocs? Should I bring materials for fancy knotting? Or would a simple demonstration of general knot tying aboard ship be more in line with the spirit of this event?

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Michael & Kate called me asking about hotels (for those of you who want to go that route) and my suggestion is to use Priceline for downtown Columbus. I usually bid $50 a night for 3.5 star and above and get the Hyatt, which is about 2 or 3 blocks from the ship. Others have gotten the Doubletree which I believe is a bit closer. The Hyatt is a very nice hotel IMO. The total with taxes for the weekend ends up being about $125.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well master Alan and I have discussed it and would like to attend your event if you would have us. Do you have a need of any particular display? Can we get a little room to swing our hammocs? Should I bring materials for fancy knotting? Or would a simple demonstration of general knot tying aboard ship be more in line with the spirit of this event?

YAY !! you won't be disappointed...

Michael & Kate called me asking about hotels (for those of you who want to go that route) and my suggestion is to use Priceline for downtown Columbus. I usually bid $50 a night for 3.5 star and above and get the Hyatt, which is about 2 or 3 blocks from the ship. Others have gotten the Doubletree which I believe is a bit closer. The Hyatt is a very nice hotel IMO. The total with taxes for the weekend ends up being about $125.

THX Mate..... I will try priceline........Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

Huzzah !!!!!!!! C&A Look forward to seeing you both Again!!!!!!!!! Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......