The Prize of all the Oceans

Hi mates,

Has anybody read this? It's the non-fiction account of Anson's capture (eventually) of a Spainish treasure ship.

Does anyone know anything about the author? What other books can anyone recommend by this author? I think he wrote one on Cook.

Thanks,

S. H. Maggie

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

Aye Lassie,

I have tha' book.... tell ye how it is in about a month... tis on me readin' list....

I can direct ye toa a book called "Cochrane; Britainia's Sea Wolf"

Excellent book....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Aye,

Also, in this here section o' th' forum there are at least two sections concernin' books...

One titled Pyracy bibliography, th' other, Books...

Lotsa info there.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Aye,

Also, in this here section o' th' forum there are at least two sections concernin' books...

One titled Pyracy bibliography, th' other, Books...

Lotsa info there.....

You might also try "Cochrane", The Life and Exploits of a fighting Captain. by Robert Harvey. If you have read the Hornblower series By C. S. Forester or the Jack Aubrey Series by Patrick O'Brian, after reading about Lord Cochrane you will see that Forester and O'Brian got some of their ideas for their fictional characters from a real life naval hero..

britishunionjackani.gif

Hi mates,

Has anybody read this? It's the non-fiction account of Anson's capture (eventually) of a Spainish treasure ship.

Does anyone know anything about the author? What other books can anyone recommend by this author? I think he wrote one on Cook.

Thanks,

S. H. Maggie

S.L. Magggie

Glyn Williams is the author and it's a very good book. I have a copy myself but it's packed away in storage. :P

You might want to check a topic I started titled Pirate/Maritime Book. All the information is listed their along with info on other books that I have read or seen good reviews on that are also in the Huntington's collection.

Hope that helps! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency