period correct pistol

Capt. J...

Ive seen their kits online and have been very impressed with the look of them but have not ordered from them in the past. Maybe you could help me out, there is one piece I am unsure about. On the tang, there appears to be a screw threaded into the tang from the inside. See the small screw end behind the screw head.

MVC-008F.JPG

MVC-020F.JPG

MVC-013F.JPG

id.jpg

Ive seen their kits online and have been very impressed with the look of them but have not ordered from them in the past. Maybe you could help me out, there is one piece I am unsure about. On the tang, there appears to be a screw threaded into the tang from the inside. See the small screw end behind the screw head.

That screw comes in from below. Looks like its mounted into the grip. Just PM'd you with some photos of the plans.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

I got your pictures, they do help a ton. Confirmed most everything I thought about, did raise a question or two about how the safety works.

yeah i cant figure that out either. more to the point i cant even see the parts for the safety in the kit at all.

I dont think i would recomment the kits unless you are a gunsmith. The castings are not finished and the holes arent drilled in them. Also you just get a lump of wood for the grip which you have to carve yourself. A bit disappointing for the price really (and i wont even go into how bad the customer service was).

Saying that a guy I know got one made by a gunsmith friend of his and it turned out very well:

QueenAnneSmall3.jpg

QueenAnneSmall2.jpg

bannerad.jpg

This shop also has an MIquelet lock in their collection, only the pictures are to small to get a real idea of what they look like ;) ...

And sinds it's new I quess there's no one jet that has seen any of these from up close...;)

And 99 British Pounts is not something you just take a change with..

gallery_11212_490_27192.jpg

Have just taken delivery of this, a blank firing Sea Service pistol.

CIMG0023-1.jpg

Can anyone help pse am having trouble finding the correct ball for this pistol,believe it was a .62 calibre.

Want only 2/3 to put on display when we do Living History but can only find them in boxes of 100 this side of the pond ????

"The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning."

• 2 weeks later...

1706 Queen Anne Dragoon Pistol from the Contemporary Makers blog site

AAJ-524_1.jpg

AAJ-524_3.jpg

A detailed replica of a early English dragoon pistol circa 1706 during the reign of Queen Anne. The pistol is stocked in walnut finished to almost black tone. The barrel, lock, and brass furniture are polished bright. The lock, barrel, and stock are marked with period proof marks. Assembled and marked by contemporary builder John Bosh with his makers mark.

This pistol is assembled around a 14" octagon-to-round smoothbore barrel. The barrel has a tapered octagon breech with a transition to sixteen flats with a wedding band to round. No sights are fitted, which is typical for a military pistol designed to be used at close range

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/partDetail.aspx?catId=12&subId=81&styleId=284&partNum=AAJ-524

bannerad.jpg

• 3 months later...

It's been a looong time since I posted here, but I can't help but weigh in on this a bit...

Muzzle Loaders Builders Supply- Great place, got a kit from them 2 years ago I'm still trying to get time to do.. Indeed, it is the very one pictured above, the Fine English Georgian pistol... Fast service, Best Quality parts,Susie is Great. I see the Business is up for Sale, but it says everything is business as usual. She is also VERY knowledgeable about early flint pistols, as she purchased original examples and thats what she made her kits with. If you are having any trouble putting any together, call her... I couldn't be happier with the parts or the service...

Blackley and Son- Fantastic Quality. I have actually seen their parts in person at a Gunshow last year. However, time should not be an issue if you order a kit from them. I ordered the Screw barrel in Aug 2010 and do not have it yet. Communication has not been the best, either, and I really did not start pushing about it until April this year... I'm used to dealing with small Dealers, Makers, etc, and even waiting 2 years for something in reenacting is not unheard of, if you know it going into it, its not an issue... But, that being said, I got an email a month ago saying there had been an ongoing issue with the Frame castings. Apparently, the Firm Blackley's uses for their Heat Treating, etc. made some minor changes which ended up having major problems, and they have been trying all this time to figure out what was going on. It is supposed to be fixed, now. I understand, of course, but I would have really preferred to have been clued in long before now... Sooooo.... Hopefully I will receive it sometime this year :-( The sad thing is, I've been dying to have this kit for about 8 years now, and could only afford it last summer.. ..

BDC