Roll Call - Fort de Chartres 2011

William Brand

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fly outta here in 10 days! Won't be long now! Can't wait!!!! And THIS time, my custom made, Cap't-Jack-made hat will be with me! Sure is gonna look funny wearing that on the plane....

How close is the fort to the Mississippi River?

oh .. forgot to ask .. will there be leather workers/vendors there? Got a few gorgeous belt buckles (cast by someone on here .. can't remember his name) that need leatherin'.

Seems to me William said there was a cobbler there once...

We haVE had shoots there in the past, you can walk to the river. Its roughly a mile or so...used to be fairly good trails....

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

There are usually several vendors selling leather or even pre-cut belt blanks. I'll throw in my strap-cutting tool if you think you'll need it.

The trail to the river will likely be underwater, and sinkholes are a very real possibility with all the flooding and rain. Then there's ticks and chiggers to consider. If you are up for danger, adventure, and misery there should be plenty to be had!! :D

Of course, the river may be just on the other side of the levy by then too, so all you have to do is climb up and look over. ;)

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

I need a aproximate number of people we will be feeling so I can prep enough eggs for sunday, don't want to send anyone away hungry!!!!!!

I estimate around 14 folks.......hope that helps

Edited by Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

I will roll up about three dozen scotch eggs. There are always people selling leather by the side double shoulder or my personal favorite belly skirts or you could just buy a belt blank, but then you would not have anything left for those small projects that seem to pop up. I am hoping the weather improves and the ground dries up!!!!!!! If we are camped in the military area we will be needing a rake for the sweet gum balls especialy if anyone is sleeping on the ground!!!!

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Bo'sun Carl.....I'll try to get the stock blank cut out for ye, I am not 100% sure if I am going to get down to the Fort...we are close enough that a drop off/pick up is gonna be easy.

Wes

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

Not sure yet what is going to happen, but I am going to Joplin to help with clean-up and re-building efforts. I am unemployed anyway and it would be shameful for me to sit and do nothing when I could be doing something useful and necessary. If for some reason I am not going to make it, I will see to it that the trailer with all the tents and stuff gets there. Silas, you got a 2" ball hitch on that battleship van of yours? Anyone else in the area going and willing to haul my little 4X8 trailer (just-in-case) please let me know. It pulls good and has a flat-four lighting connector, spare tire, etc. I am still planning on attending myself at this point, but I do not know where this venture may lead nor how it will play out.

Bo

Bo'sun Carl.....I'll try to get the stock blank cut out for ye, I am not 100% sure if I am going to get down to the Fort...we are close enough that a drop off/pick up is gonna be easy.

Wes

[/quote

no worries Wes I have been colecting the parts for quite a while so a little longer woould not kill him.

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

I won't be going to Joplin after all, they are swamped with volunteers and donations. I have to sell off some stuff to be able to do this trip though, so I have put some items up in the Thieves Market and will have whatever don't get sold before with me at the fort. I am going regardless though. I need to get out and play at least once this summer and this may be it. See you there.

Bo

The list shows some 27 people if Jon and Paula attend.

Hello Mates.... Look like most of the crew will be sailing in on Friday.......looks like we have a great showng Mecury Crew....our Quartermaster wiil sail in with some of us on Friday........... ....cant wait to see you all again.........regards.....J....

Edited by Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

Will anybody from the crewe be there thursday to show me where/how to arrange tent set-up?

Also, do you need me to bring the collapsible table I sent last year?

I am bringing three dozen fresh eggs and ten pounds of taters, some onions and stuff to donate to feeding the crew.

I have a few props but not much. If someone close can bring a cardboard box or two that can be wrapped in canvas and tied to look like shipping bales, I have some canvas that can be used for a couple of those.

Any of my iron cookware needed?

Bo

Well we just called Capt. J to give him the news, but I thought I would share here as well... It seems like the Bagley's/Souris' will not be able to attend this year. Sorry about not being able to make it. I hope you all have a great time! Take care and hopefully I will see all of you at other events throughout the year.

Michael_banner.jpg

Will anybody from the crewe be there thursday to show me where/how to arrange tent set-up?

We're with the military groups near the gate, but I don't know who will be there Thursday. I would like the Mercury set up in a circle open on one side or an open square if possible, with all tents facing into the middle for a shared fire, so once Darrell or someone else from the fort shows you the spot, try to imagine the best setup towards whatever avenue we face.

Also, do you need me to bring the collapsible table I sent last year?

I don't remember the table, but I'm sure we could use it.

I am bringing three dozen fresh eggs and ten pounds of taters, some onions and stuff to donate to feeding the crew.

Thank you.

I have a few props but not much. If someone close can bring a cardboard box or two that can be wrapped in canvas and tied to look like shipping bales, I have some canvas that can be used for a couple of those.

I'll make sure we get some boxes.

Any of my iron cookware needed?

Bo

Someone else will have to answer that. I don't know who's bringing what for cooking.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Well we just called Capt. J to give him the news, but I thought I would share here as well... It seems like the Bagley's/Souris' will not be able to attend this year. Sorry about not being able to make it. I hope you all have a great time! Take care and hopefully I will see all of you at other events throughout the year.

Ouch. You'll be missed, but I'll take as many pictures as I can, so you won't miss everything.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Ouch. You'll be missed, but I'll take as many pictures as I can, so you won't miss everything.

No, but he will miss the Commodore! Sorry Michael - all the best to ye!

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

I will be there, but I'm a Dog Soldier so I'm camped by the Governor, Mutley. I'm up by the sign on the Main Road.

Look for the sign that says Apothecary and stop by for a visit. Or a sip.........

..........for medicinal purposes only, mind ya!!!!!!

Will do on the camp set-up.

I'd bring a dozen live chickens to feed the crewe too, but I think I'd have to get a permit and health inspection etc. to cross state lines with them. (we got them from the Headstart preschool after the kids got done seeing them hatched)

I'm gathering up my stuff to start packing and I'll check in here to se if there is anything else you need me to bring along. I cannot believe I am actually going to get out of here and go someplace besides the University or the store!

Bo

I'll try this again, dang thing won't let me post! Third time's the charm mebbe?

Well I'll be whipped! This comuter stuff is really wierd this morning. That post above wasn't there when I went back and posted this one. :huh:

Kept getting the "page not found" after trying to post.

Anyhow, let me know what else I can do. see ya there!

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Well there is some hope... Mark G has expressed interest in going with us... with his wanting to come, it MIGHT change things for us, which means we MIGHT be able to make it after all. I'll let everyone know when we have things figured out.

Michael_banner.jpg