Roll Call - Fort de Chartres 2011

William Brand

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it looks as if I am set to attend. Barring any major setbacks I will be there to set-up canvas on thurday afternoon or evening. I hope nothing happens to change these plans, I am so ready to get out and play, meet some of the pub crew, and do something besides schoolwork!

*EDITED*

I don't have much left that will put me in pyrate attire for this event, so Matthew (the young man I will be travelling with)and I are going to be portraying hunters of the later periods, he in the 1760s, and I in the 1780-90s. Just so the crew knows before hand that we will probably be camping with the hunter types so as not to confuse the portrayal of the pyrate camp. I hope to spend most of the evening hours among the pyrate crewe though, it will be good to meet many of you at long last! I am still offering the big tent (12X12 monster wedge)for William to use for his headquarters and officers call, as well as the fly (@11X11) for awning. Matthew and I are most likely just going to use our bedroll gear unless there is a big chance of foul weather, then we'll likely use my bell wedge. I will keep this information updated so the crew can plan accordingly.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

At this point, it looks as if I am set to attend. Barring any major setbacks I will be there to set-up canvas on thurday afternoon or evening. I hope nothing happens to change these plans, I am so ready to get out and play, meet some of the pub crew, and do something besides schoolwork!

*EDITED*

I don't have much left that will put me in pyrate attire for this event, so Matthew (the young man I will be travelling with)and I are going to be portraying hunters of the later periods, he in the 1760s, and I in the 1780-90s. Just so the crew knows before hand that we will probably be camping with the hunter types so as not to confuse the portrayal of the pyrate camp. I hope to spend most of the evening hours among the pyrate crewe though, it will be good to meet many of you at long last! I am still offering the big tent (12X12 monster wedge)for William to use for his headquarters and officers call, as well as the fly (@11X11) for awning. Matthew and I are most likely just going to use our bedroll gear unless there is a big chance of foul weather, then we'll likely use my bell wedge. I will keep this information updated so the crew can plan accordingly.

Bo

Thank you, Bo. I appreciate the use of the tent again. If the weather turns, you both could use it too. It's a huge tent. We could probably get half the pirates under that thing.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I'm still a go for this year so far!!! A newcomer to the hobby will be travelling with me and bringing his 5 yr. old. I amy bring my 10 yr. old Warren if he feels like a long trip too. I hope to have the grinder semi-functional for this event. (I may just do a knock-up out of pine dimensional lumber and paint it for the first time out). Anyhow, I hope nothing happens to stop me this year, I need to get out and play!!!

Bo

right now a 4x4 shower stall is being made.... canvas and wood, with a garden sprayer for wetting ya down, and a solar shower bag thingy... capt. j is getting a medium sized wall tent for storing coolers, food prep area, etc.... just a big o' place to "hide" stuff...

so, we will be taking up alot more room this time around

I will be sailing in with the evil bacon merchant... William, Capt Gallia (whom I've yet to meet, but sure to be an equal scoundrel) and Commodore Poppyc... er ... Beowulf (who will need no introductions after his first appearance).

Please let me know how I can help with food... or chores and warshin dishes ;-)

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Greetings all........spoke with Darryl at the Fort......all is good....I told him about 14 tents will be ours......we will be in with the French and British Military area this year.......when checking in just tell the folks at the gate you are with the Mercury Crew and they will let you in without a cost to you......we will be able to participate in the skirmish....they are corriagraphing(?) our part now.........QM William can you post the menu ?.....MP thx for the offer of help.........Most of us will be there Thur night and friday...Please look at the Forts web site for the rules........Yo Ho.......

Yo Ho.......

So, when I show up with the tents, just ask for the pyrate camp location? I'll be travelling with two young men just getting started in the 18th century stuff, one is 1760's Morgan hunter, the other is just getting started and this will be his first event, so we will be camped with the hunter types reckon. I hope to have my knife grinder set up on a temporary stand for this event. Hopefully no last minute snafu jumps out and grounds me again!

See ya Thursday.

Bo

Aye, just ask for the Mercury Crew and you should get in for free.

And the menu, from Janet and John.

"FORTE DECHARTES FOOD MENU & OPERATIONS

The Crew now has a Food Prep Tent. The idea came when we went to St Augustine. This set up worked extremely well and kept the coolers, non period utensils etc out of sight and out of our sleeping tents.

This is a common food prep tent meaning it will be used by all. You will be able to put your coolers, food and anything else you need to inside. There will be a food prep table inside as well.

This year there will be plenty of bottled water. Too many people last year got sick drinking the water that was available. We will keep the coolers iced so that you have plenty of cold, clean water.

Since most people are arriving Friday and setting up, the first provided meal will be Friday night and the last meal is Sunday Noon. Along with the meals there will be a grazing table that will have snacks throughout the day. Here is what will be provided and if you want to contribute anything else please feel free. One goal we have is to have the eating area a place we can all meet and eat together and bond but I am going to leave it to William Pace to figure out how to make that happen. We are a community of pirates, a family. See you there!

Snacks & Drinks

Bottled Water

Soda (Please bring your favorite soda drink)

Coffee

Jerky

Apples

Cheese

Cookies (Any donations are welcome)

Assorted Nuts

Bread

Meals

Friday Night:

Beef Burgundy

Mashed Potatoes

Green Beans

Biscuits & Butter

Saturday Breakfast:

Eggs/Bacon

Coffee

Juice

Biscuits & Jam

Saturday Lunch:

Turkey provided by Connie and Silas

Corn Noodle Casserole

Saturday Night:

Mexican Beef

Corn Bread

Sunday Breakfast:

Scotch Eggs provided by Carl

Oatmeal

Coffee

Sunday Lunch:

Chuck Wagon Beans

-CaptJ"

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I have two-five gallon water jugs I usually bring,and a GOTT orange cooler if you think we'll need it (I have a nice clean well here that has never made anyone sick) plus a case of bottled water. I will also bring 10# of taters and some onions. We usually have too many eggs so I'll bring a couple dozen fresh brown eggs from here as well. Anything else I can bring with me to help out? We have some venison that will be making the trip also.

I have about three hundred pounds of cast-iron cookware if you need anything in that area. B) I have the huge three-legged skillet, two sizes of dutch-ovens, I don't know how many skillets, a rectangular griddle, and two sizes of round griddles. My folding table that was there last year, and tons of other stuff if you think you'll need more "props" for the ambiance. ;)

Let me know if you need any of that sh....stuff.

Bo

bo, it goes without saying, but just in case, you and the other two are more than welcome, in fact--expected, to dine with us...if it makes things easier, just set up next to our camp... it's not like we won't be next to "non-pirates" !!!

props would be good... i don't think that those attending have much as far as that goes... i might be able to borrow a few barrels, but that's about it...

I'll ask about the 300 pounds of cookware.

OK, so I'm exagerating a little, but not by much. ;)

Remember, I started doing the ACW and mountainy-man thangs back in the 1980s, and I am a dumpster-diving-pack-ratting-collecter of junk...er..umm... purveyor of quality second hand merchandise. I have collected quite a lot of crap I never use, but thought I might need someday, or bought because it "lookes cool". B)

I don't know if White Trash and Pyrates on the same street is legal in Illinois! :blink::D:D

I'll pack anything that looks like it might fit in with the Pyrate camp.

Bo