Roll Call - Fort de Chartres 2011

William Brand

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got or heard the official dates for the June rendezvous for the Fort? Its not on the website yet....

The main glitter of the event is held the first weekend in June,as you probably know....... that should be the the 4th and 5th.......the Fort allows camp set up probably starting on May 30th or so......dont know for sure yet.........The Fort has not updated their web page yet.........I am in contact with Darryll Duesing with the Fort doing the footwork for our QuarterMaster as to how the Mercury Crue may be participating at the event this year.. will post more info when it becomes available.........hopefully the crues participation at the event will be larger this year......

Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

I was thinking that if we are going to take charge of the tug of war again I could make a 1 1/2 inch line say fifty feet long to donate to the fort. What do you think? It would be better than we had to work with last time.

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

I was thinking that if we are going to take charge of the tug of war again I could make a 1 1/2 inch line say fifty feet long to donate to the fort. What do you think? It would be better than we had to work with last time.

I think the new rope is

a good thing ......very noble offer........

Yo Ho.......

Maser Alan and I built a rope making machine it only does three strand in it's state but the next one will be a gear driven 4:1 ratio six strand machine. I was planning to make the new line from sisal binder twine either green or white mabee even striped who knows!!!!!

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

Maser Alan and I built a rope making machine it only does three strand in it's state but the next one will be a gear driven 4:1 ratio six strand machine. I was planning to make the new line from sisal binder twine either green or white mabee even striped who knows!!!!!

i say full speed ahead.........and drinks all around.......and i partial the striped idea.........Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

t

i say full speed ahead.........and drinks all around.......and i partial the striped idea.........Yo Ho

I spoke with Darryll at the Fort today........He accepted the request for us to move our crue site to a shady spot........one that has a large enough area to accept more tents a large tree for shade and to accept a mast if were inclined to do a living histiory demo utilizing sail,rigging,... and the rest if it is decided to be presented in that fashion as QM William suggested.,........also C- Darryll out of the clear blue told me that he wants us to do the tug o war and that he needs a new rope..........so there you go...Yo Ho!!!!!

Yo Ho.......

• 1 month later...

Just marked it on the calendar at work, hopefully I wont be having to train a new guy again, OR I can ditch the rookie for the weekend......Time shall Tell!!

Now I just have to get to sewing a new tent......

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

• 3 weeks later...

by countin on my fingers, toes, and other parts, looks like we are up to 11 tents, and growing. This shall be a grand time again this year. Hope to see as many of the crew as possible. Yo Ho

Yo Ho.......

I graduate May 7th, and so far have no prospects for a job in teaching but I kept all my tools and I wil go to part-time construction work as long as my ol' bones will allow it. At this point it looks like I should be able to put together a few bucks to attend, may have to find a ride though, not sure if my car will is going to make it much past graduation before major repairs are necessary. There's a young fellow that lives near me that will be going and may be willing to let me throw in with him and even drag my little trailer behind so I can bring the tents. I am working this out with him now to see where that goes. I'll keep posting here to let everyone know the status of the canvas at least.

Bo