need a name for this drink

PLUNDERING PYLOS PARKER

you all need to try this, i haven't named this drink yet, but it needs a name,before you name it i recomend drinking it first, you wont be able to taste the alcohol until its too late! here is the recipe 2-4 gallons of apple cider boil with 4 big hand fulls of red hot candies -let dissolve while boiling keep mixing until candies completly dissolve , throw in a big hand full of cinnamon sticks, ( find in the bulk section at the grocery store the red hots and cinnamon sticks) boil down to, 2 gallons of liquid , strain for inperfections, let cool. pick up everclear add 1 litter to the cooled mix, put into onion bottles and enjoy the drink. it should look red in color when done. tell me what ya think. enjoy-WAUGH

That's a pretty standard recipe for Apple Pie.

You'll find a lot of similar recipes in the Mountain Man/Rendezvous scene. Often there are contests for the best Apple Pie.

Something you might also like to try: rather than boiling down your cider so much, start with frozen concentrate and don't fully reconstitute it, or use part cider and part concentrate.

• 4 weeks later...

you all need to try this, i haven't named this drink yet, but it needs a name,before you name it i recomend drinking it first, you wont be able to taste the alcohol until its too late! here is the recipe 2-4 gallons of apple cider boil with 4 big hand fulls of red hot candies -let dissolve while boiling keep mixing until candies completly dissolve , throw in a big hand full of cinnamon sticks, ( find in the bulk section at the grocery store the red hots and cinnamon sticks) boil down to, 2 gallons of liquid , strain for inperfections, let cool. pick up everclear add 1 litter to the cooled mix, put into onion bottles and enjoy the drink. it should look red in color when done. tell me what ya think. enjoy-WAUGH

I'd name it Red Skye

After Red sky at morning...sailor take warning

Red Sky at night....sailor's delight.....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

good tip- i won first place several times at pacifics , rocky mnt nationals and other local rendezvous, very close to apple pie , mate

were you at the 208 Pacifics? I was one of the judges and someone had something that tasted like what you described....It was gooooood.

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

• 2 months later...

i am going to make some more for fresno ,captain

good tip- i won first place several times at pacifics , rocky mnt nationals and other local rendezvous, very close to apple pie , mate

were you at the 208 Pacifics? I was one of the judges and someone had something that tasted like what you described....It was gooooood.

I'd name it Red Skye

After Red sky at morning...sailor take warning

Red Sky at night....sailor's delight.....

I like this idea!

There are so many drinks that should have this as a warning label! lol

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

It is called candied apple punch. Our White Trash Fur Company men were making and drinking this stuff in the 1980s and 1990s. They added the red-hots when they made the cider fresh. Too damn sweet for me though.

My apple pie is two gallons of fresh cider, one fifth meyers rum,one fifth cinnamon schnapps, one full cinnamon stick, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, all in a brass bucket and stir like crazy, then pour into crock jugs, cork, and set in the freezer until slushy.

Bo

Boiling cider? But but but but that gets rid of the alcohol! Can't y'just steep the thingies rather than boiling them in lovely zider....fancy me a pint or two now

mmmmmm Addlestones, perfect after a warm cloudless day.3379105212_065941d071_o.jpg

starts at 6% abv but it's still working so can get to 10%+...think thats 12% to 20% in US terms

Edited by Grymm

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.

I think he's talking fresh (pasteurized) cider, not the proper fermented stuff. It starts out like a version of hot spiced cider of a modern sort, then takes a turn with the everclear.

Boiling cider? But but but but that gets rid of the alcohol! Can't y'just steep the thingies rather than boiling them in lovely zider....fancy me a pint or two now

mmmmmm Addlestones, perfect after a warm cloudless day.3379105212_065941d071_o.jpg

starts at 6% abv but it's still working so can get to 10%+...think thats 12% to 20% in US terms

I think he's talking fresh (pasteurized) cider, not the proper fermented stuff. It starts out like a version of hot spiced cider of a modern sort, then takes a turn with the everclear.

Aaaah! What the rest of the world would call apple juice ;oÞ

The US usage of 'cider' for apple juice seems to stem from the Temperance Movement in the late 19thC.

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...