Illinois pirate events?

Barracuda Beth

There is always Fort de Chartres in the summer and fall.....not pirate, but its a chance to burn some powder. I was planning on showing up in 2011 for a few events, and of course I'll have to be pirate!! A couple other folks from here attend as well, so we could always try and take over!!!

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

I want to know if there any pirate reinactments or pirate conventions,in the state of Illinois. Does anyone know of such pirate related events?

The crew of the Mercury does multiple events at Fort De Chartres and attends events at the Santa Maria in Columbus, Ohio and several events in and around St. Louis. You're more than welcome to join our encampment at any of these events. At Fort De Chartres, pirates were represented by the crew of the Mercury and many crew members of the Great Lakes River Pirates.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I want to know if there any pirate reinactments or pirate conventions,in the state of Illinois. Does anyone know of such pirate related events?

The Pirates of Paynetown is in Indiana, just one state over. It is held on the second weekend of August at a state park overlooking a good-sized lake. It attracts around 150 pirates and 18th century reenactors and features an attack on the camp from boats.

Someone already mentioned the Santa Maria which is in downtown Columbus, OH. We have two events there on the second weekend of May and the weekend closest to Talk Like A Pirate Day. You get to live on board a real ship. This also has an attack from boats.

There is a pirate festival at Put-in-Bay in June which is attended by several members of the Mercury.

Mark

Wow... dizzying. :)

Ahoy, Beth! Glad t' see ye hangin' about still.

Just like Cheeky stated, keep a weather eye upon the Raids and the posts here on the Pub for upcoming events. Some are at the last minute, some are pre-planned.

Port Washington, just north of Milwaukee, had their Pirate Festival the first weekend of June (3-5), so you might not want to miss that.

And of course, with Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides released in May, keep a weather eye for some invasions ye can join the lot of us at! I'm checkin' around, lass, on a place or two to add some atmosphere at.

And as Mark mention, there is Pirates of Paynetown in August on Lake Monroe in Indiana. Worthwhile from what I hear. I know I've been begging to attend that event.

Oh! Reenactor Fest! Well, Military History Fest is what it's called now. That's one event you should not miss. Lots of fun, and many folks there love the pirates!

I can't remember if ye be in northern Illinois or southern, but as the gents have stated Fort de Chartes has their Rendezvous and received the pirates rather well. Plus St. Louis has a Pirate Festival, too.

Not sure how far ye wish to travel. As to anything else? Well, again, keep a weather eye out. ^_^

I'm also adding Pirate events in the region on the website for thePirates and Buccaneers of the Resurrection.So, by all means, look there as well. ^_^

Will keep in touch with ye if there is something upcoming, too. How's that, lass?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

heya Baracuda....

the next actual event in Illinois will be in Chicago in February

http://www.reenactorfest.com/Reenactor_Fest/Home.html

more of a convention than an event....but a really good place to meet up with fellow pirate reenactor enthusiates

come in your finest...everyone their seems to like to show off their garb...and the after hours shinaigans are not to be missed!!

we of the Forsaken shall be in attendance...along with a few other Midwest baised Pirate groups...come and look us up :rolleyes:

(hint: many folks there do more than one timeline...so you might have to show up more than 1 day to see everyone in pirate garb...even in our own midst we have Russian WWII, WildWest,CivalWar,Highlanders,Gangster and Pyrate as well)

its also a great place to pick up extras for your impressian...from garb to incidentals to patterns and fabric....and a lot of knowledgeable people dying to tell you all they know!!

(ps...im the one on the front page with the chamber pot on his head)

see ya there...i'll let ya buy me a drynk

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg