Indian Flintlock new record set

Commodore Swab

Well I just finished reworking the lock on a more common India built gun and set a new record of 14. The record is how many times I can fire her (powder in the pan) without cleaning wiping or knapping the flint. Something to bear in mind this was an old flint placed in the lock and after missing on the 15 time all I did was recock and pull the trigger and she went off and then went off again at which point I stopped. I also check to make sure she fires easily on both sides and upside down. What I did to the lock was remove probably 1/3 of the metal on the main spring and frizzen spring so she now throws foreward beautifully as well as polish the internals. The frizzen was sanded and hardened and the trigger was rewelded to remove the play. I also polished and blued the entire lock. Now she is all clean again and ready for delivery.

id.jpg

Wow. I think mine need to visit you.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com