Roll Call 2011

William Brand

Naturally everyone is responsible for their own trash and I felt the jobs associated were fair for those camping. As for not being asked to do trash or bathrooms I seem to remember sign ups last year for gate duty, picking up general area, bathroom detail, and trash detail. I was under the understanding that these duties were to offset our being able to use the fort. As for performing living history demonstrations which started last year in addition that seemed to be understandable as part of reinacting. In gratitude of friends of the fort I have spent over $100 and countless hours building a small pistol that could be auctioned off to help so it isnt about not being able to afford $5. As for the status of the economy and being hard on people I would rather not talk on that topic. I think it would be a much better idea to pass a hat or use a portion of auction proceeds to help with the event if money is short.

You are correct in a sense. It was two years ago that there was a sign up sheet on the pub that had all kinds of extra duties required of us. However, gate watch and volunteers to be the town crier were the only additional responsibilities last year as well as for this year. Living history demonstrations have always been expected of us even though this expectation might not have been enforced.

All auction proceeds go to the "Friends of the Fort", which go directly to the preservation and restoration of Fort Taylor. This registration fee is being required of us by the Florida State Park Service, to cover the cost of powder, overtime, etc. and therefore, is not under our control.

Everyone is free to choose how they feel about having to pay this fee and you certainly have a right to your feelings. I can think of so many people that have very generously donated their time, money, goods and talents to the benefit of Fort Taylor and the success of this event. Every effort that people have put forth is greatly appreciated and we certainly couldn't have come this far without all of you.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The added fee is no surprise to me. I'm more surprised that they haven't charged before now, what with so many tightening park budgets across the board. I've visited some five different parks in the last ten years that are now permanently closed. I don't mind paying a fee that seems negligible in comparison to my travel costs.

I'm looking forward to the auction.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

...and Chrispy will be even more drunk.

Is that even possible?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thank ye William

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I apologize for being a bit rash in my decision to not be part of the fort. I have had some time to rethink things and we decided that we will be part of the fort so if you would be so kind as to include Sansanee and Swab into Pirates of the Dark Rose (we will be assisting with all the cannon fire) We would apperciate it. In you planning if you could also make room for a small tent between Crudbeard and the Viceroy I would apperciate it.

id.jpg

Thank you but no apology is necessary. I wasn't all that thrilled when I first heard the news myself. We don't have the layout of the encampment yet, but you will be together with the Dark Rose. Glad to have you back on board.

I have no idea what you people are talking about.... Obviously you dont know good acting when ya see it! (grins)

Edited by Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

God willin' an' the creek don't rise...... (and nothing goes too horrably wrong with my pay......)

Both Me and Martie (Some of you may remember her from last year) will be camping in the Murcury Camp.

OK... now I have to make a sutable tent (Martie wasn't too overwelmed by my lean-to last year) and correct garb for her.... (and buy a case to transport my blunderbuss and cutlass, an' other sharp things....)

I think the creek rose in Key West, courtesy of all the rain they got this week...

82408371_8.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

One week remains to send in your registration forms. Even if you are still unsure of your attendance, please get your forms in.

http://iammaryread.c...lunteerReg.docx

If you sent one in but did not get an email confirmation in return, you are not registered. Please contact me.

• 4 weeks later...

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform everyone that I will not be attending FTPI this year as well as the PIP Festival. Dure to recent serious health issues with my wife, Susi and other factors, I am officialy withdrawing my name from the participent list. Many thanks to Lily and Jai for all their hard work and dedication. I am in the planning stages for 2012 as I post this.

Thank you all,

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform everyone that I will not be attending FTPI this year as well as the PIP Festival. Dure to recent serious health issues with my wife, Susi and other factors, I am officialy withdrawing my name from the participent list. Many thanks to Lily and Jai for all their hard work and dedication. I am in the planning stages for 2012 as I post this.

Thank you all,

Animal

Sorry to hear that Animal - you guys will be missed. . .

Ahoy All,

Real life has gotten into the mix again this year .....

My 2nd Grandson was born this morning' and instead of coming to the Fort we're gonna go meet him! We're already planning to to return next year.

We'll miss everyone and if you need stuff feel free to order and I'll get it out to ya.

Huzzah and Happy Holidays to all.

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

My 2nd Grandson was born this morning' and instead of coming to the Fort we're gonna go meet him! We're already planning to to return next year.

What do you mean you're going to go meet him instead, you guys have plenty of time to spend with him later. Plus you already have one you spend time with - you only get the chance to hang out with us once a year. . . :D

Actually in all seriousness, CONGRATULATIONS!

. . . see you next year.

As for myself, life has also gotten in the way.

I had originally planned on spending Thanksgiving in Key West, but now it looks like I won't be there until Tuesday or Wednesday. . .

Yeah, I got bad news, after seven years inna row, I won't be able to make it this year.

I thought I would have enough money after moving, but that's just not the way it worked out.

I'll try again next year.

:( But...it just isn't PiP without Patrick...

Mission_banner5.JPG

Sorry, Stykny and Mission and anyone else that'll miss me .....

But I gotta start trainin' the new swab right away .....

Teach him how to fuss, cuss, and drink rum!!

Ya think the alcohol will wreck the nip on 'is bottle? Maybe I'll drill out a cork .... Yep, his Momma is gonna love what I teach 'im!!!!

Y'all have a big time and we'll be there next year!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net