Roll Call 2011

William Brand

Aye ye have my word, I shall not stand ye up again... I shall lay ye down instead this time round...ahem...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACK!!! NOT THAT THING!

I think you're just jealous of the attention Amelia gets. :P

Attention? or "paws on"... I mean.. ahem... free rein...with yer ... um.. person... oh never mind...

HA! Nearly snorted on that! Well, Capt, you will be pleased to know she will not be joining me on the trip. So, that means you best not stand me up again!

Well lads, there goes target practice. Guess we have to use clay pigeons again. :lol:

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

ACK!!! NOT THAT THING!

I think you're just jealous of the attention Amelia gets. :P

Attention? or "paws on"... I mean.. ahem... free rein...with yer ... um.. person... oh never mind...

HA! Nearly snorted on that! Well, Capt, you will be pleased to know she will not be joining me on the trip. So, that means you best not stand me up again!

Well lads, there goes target practice. Guess we have to use clay pigeons again. :P

Ah Hurricane, I've seen you skills with a gun. She had absolutely nothing to fear.

But for any who would consider my little one target practice.... Her mommy doesn't miss and is quite protective... :lol:

Edited by Diosa De Cancion

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

So true, so true. With my shooting skills even the side of a barn should feel completely safe. :lol:

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that I will be unable to attend PIP this year. I've decided to go back to school again and classes and work assignments will clash. Jobs being what they are, I've decided to get into Respiratory Care (if they accept me) or a BS in Biology. It will be an intensive 2 - 3 years.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where to put this, but Sarah and No Rum Charlie talked to me last night and plan to be back as vendors but didn't know how to contact anyone at the fort invasion.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful. I will pass it on.

-

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 3 weeks later...

Harrington? What happened to Crucibelle?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Haha...slight reworking of the back story, Mission. Be sure you bring your Mae-snake net, I have a feeling it's going to be a good year for them.

MaeBar-1.png

The world stands out on either side

No wider than the heart is wide.

~E. Millay

I just checked Go Daddy and www.mae-snake.net is still available. $9.99 for a year's ownership. You should look into that.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I got my flight and condo booked.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going. . .

At once I am elated but then, upon further thinking, I am worried. (About my hat, about my mug, about my phone messages, about my sanity...)

:P

Huzzah!

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Put down the Pirates of the Dark Rose planning ta be there. We'll be bringing Crudbeard, Bloodthirsty, Viceroy, Oreo, and two more of me crew, Miss Felicity and Fenris Chase. Also we have another character this season that seems ta be showing up whenever Bloodthirsty ain't around, some British officer callin himself Major Mayhem. Plan to set up in the Fort agin with the two tents we usually bring (mine and Viceroy's) and we'll need some room out the back of ours as usual. We also plan to have some new artillery of the Viceroy's. Can't wait ta see all of yus agin.

Crudbeard

You can remove Sansanee and Swab from the list, we will be in town for the entire week. If we come by the fort most likely it will be as patrons and not reinactors. Bringing all of our gear down cannons, muskets, tent, etc to benefit the event is one thing. Doing presentations for the public another, yet understandable when camping in the fort. Coupling that with additional duties such as standing guard duty, picking up others trash, cleaning bathrooms and then being asked to pay for the privilege of doing all of this something else regardless of the amount.

id.jpg

You can remove Sansanee and Swab from the list, we will be in town for the entire week. If we come by the fort most likely it will be as patrons and not reinactors. Bringing all of our gear down cannons, muskets, tent, etc to benefit the event is one thing. Doing presentations for the public another, yet understandable when camping in the fort. Coupling that with additional duties such as standing guard duty, picking up others trash, cleaning bathrooms and then being asked to pay for the privilege of doing all of this something else regardless of the amount.

Wow, who have you been talking to? While it is true that we have to stand gate duties, that has been in effect for the past several years. No one is being asked to pick up others trash or clean bathrooms. Everyone is responsible for their own trash, just like last year and it is the responsibility of the members of the encampment to keep their area's presentable for the public. That's just common sense.

As for the registration fee, we fully understand that this fee is upsetting. However, it's always been the policy at Fort Taylor to charge participants for events. Civil War Days charges $5.00 per day. Since this is a non camping Park, the cost of having us there increases the man power and the Park cannot afford it. We have been fortunate over the years to not be charged this fee and they agreed to only charge $5,00 for the entire weekend. Unfortunately, in this economy, they felt that it was necessary to bring this event in line with all the other events currently being hosted at the Park. This fee helps to cover the cost of the extra man hours, insurance, black powder, etc. It is not unprecedented for events to charge a participant fee.

I'm sorry that you feel this fee is unreasonable and that it's preventing your participation to this event.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Wow, who have you been talking to? While it is true that we have to stand gate duties, that has been in effect for the past several years. No one is being asked to pick up others trash or clean bathrooms. Everyone is responsible for their own trash, just like last year and it is the responsibility of the members of the encampment to keep their area's presentable for the public. That's just common sense.

As for the registration fee, we fully understand that this fee is upsetting. However, it's always been the policy at Fort Taylor to charge participants for events. Civil War Days charges $5.00 per day. Since this is a non camping Park, the cost of having us there increases the man power and the Park cannot afford it. We have been fortunate over the years to not be charged this fee and they agreed to only charge $5,00 for the entire weekend. Unfortunately, in this economy, they felt that it was necessary to bring this event in line with all the other events currently being hosted at the Park. This fee helps to cover the cost of the extra man hours, insurance, black powder, etc. It is not unprecedented for events to charge a participant fee.

I'm sorry that you feel this fee is unreasonable and that it's preventing your participation to this event.

Naturally everyone is responsible for their own trash and I felt the jobs associated were fair for those camping. As for not being asked to do trash or bathrooms I seem to remember sign ups last year for gate duty, picking up general area, bathroom detail, and trash detail. I was under the understanding that these duties were to offset our being able to use the fort. As for performing living history demonstrations which started last year in addition that seemed to be understandable as part of reinacting. In gratitude of friends of the fort I have spent over $100 and countless hours building a small pistol that could be auctioned off to help so it isnt about not being able to afford $5. As for the status of the economy and being hard on people I would rather not talk on that topic. I think it would be a much better idea to pass a hat or use a portion of auction proceeds to help with the event if money is short.

id.jpg