Osvaldo Arms....

1stMate Matt

I have been approached to sell these fire arms by the manufacturer and I know nothing about them.

They seem to be a bit nicer then was is common for sale most places. I love the shorter stockier blunderbuss that they have but I have never held one in hand.

Trab_ch1.jpg

Any exp with these? ANy info at all?

http://www.osvaldogatto.com:80/

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I have been approached to sell these fire arms by the manufacturer and I know nothing about them.

They seem to be a bit nicer then was is common for sale most places. I love the shorter stockier blunderbuss that they have but I have never held one in hand.

Trab_ch1.jpg

Ohhh...that's pretty. I love the shorter buss.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Trab_ch1.jpg

I have heard of the company, but have not seen any of their products "in the flesh". Did they send you a sample to examine ?

>>>>> Cascabel

The very point I was going to make. Ask for a sample/loaner to examine. See if they balk and/or how long it takes to get one in hand.

Better yet: have them send ME a sample...

Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Aye! That's some nice work. And that is a sweet little buss!

Aye! Ye've got me searchin' all over the web for any info on this guy, and there's little to be found.

Aye! There appears much nicer fit and finish than on some other imports!

Aye! I would love to see how the mortising for the locks, etc., looks.

Aye! I also wish he had more detailed information on each piece listed.

The prices do, however, reflect the higher quality workmanship.

Given that, would I spend a grand on a long arm with an unknown lock, an unknown barrel,

and from an unknown maker when a gun with a known lock and barrel, and from a known maker,

is within the same price range?

Comparing them now to other imports: what level of support would be provided?

I know Pete over at MVTCo warranties his locks for life against pretty much everything

but amateur gunsmithing and neglect. Where do you send these for replacement parts, service, etc?

Aye! I know you asked for info and all I've given you is rambling wondering.

My apologies. This is but one consumer's tuppence. Value it for exactly what it cost: nothing.

Y.M.H.S.

QMJ

The good Dr. in Argentina does very nice work I've had the pleasure of firing both his cannons and his small arms...The quality is first rate far superior to the Indian models sold by Middlesex or Loyalist, etc. .................and the parts are fairly resonable to get from him as well

The good Dr. in Argentina does very nice work I've had the pleasure of firing both his cannons and his small arms...The quality is first rate far superior to the Indian models sold by Middlesex or Loyalist, etc. .................and the parts are fairly resonable to get from him as well

Well, there you have it!

If Hugh's on board, far be it from me to dissent!

I would love to know more about the Doctor's operation.

Hugh, any insights? Is it just the good Doctor at his hobby, or does he have apprentices,etc.?

Don't know if you know, but thought it worth the while to ask. Any information you have is welcome.

Y.M.H.S.

QMJ