Sketchbook/Journal Challenge

Ransom

I'm not starting a new journal round...been there, done that. This is a website that is offering a sketchbook/art journal challenge to about two-dozen artists, who will post pictures of their work, give tutorials, and talk about what supplies they used.

The fun part is, they have asked anyone who wants to follow along with their own journals, to participate...in a non-official way. Here is the lowdown.

Challenge

For those of you who have blog sites, or web sites, here is a chance to post links to them, show off your work/writing, and get some traffic. There is one theme posted each month. Not too intimidating. You create a journal page/pages using that theme, post them to your blog/web site, then post a link to them in the Challenge "Comments" section. Your links will be available to everyone following the challenge, and theirs will be available to you.

And, if you decide after a few months you're no longer interested, you can just stop posting the links to your site. You haven't screwed up a journal round, or let anyone down, you've just changed your mind.

Okay, so it's not about pyrates — Then again, depending on what themes are posted, you might be able to work them in. :D What you can do is show off your art/writing skills in a fun environment with other like-minded folks. Kewl.

AND, if for those who do decide to play, we could post pictures of the journal pages here as well.

So, food for thought, mateys. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Very cool. I don't have a blog or web addy to virtually find me at so I'm virtually lost . . . B) B)

That would be neat to do here as well. A monthly theme so we send our books to ourselves. I like it.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Pew, if you still wanted to do this, setting up a blog is easy-peasy, and fun (www.blogspot.com), or, you could just do the challenge, then post your pictures on photobucket or some such, and then post a link here.

I like this Challenge because:

A} My book stays home.

B} My participation isn't "official", so if I decide the themes they pick are uninteresting, I can quit without pissing anyone off.

C} It's a nice change from pirate stuff.

D) It's a fun motivator to try something new.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Okay, I'm all signed up. But, here is an update. Apparently we will be posting the photos of our work on a Flickr site. So, if you don't have a Yahoo account (which I didn't), you'll have to sign up for one—flickr being part of Yahoo. Takes maybe five minutes. Then you join the Sketchbook Challenge group. It's pretty kewl, because they have already started a thread where everyone is giving links to their blog/web sites. So, the interaction has already begun.

Come on, y'all, it'll be fun! :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here is my last update for this. It starts January 1, and these are some questions posted to the organizer, with her answers. Should give you a better idea of how to participate, if you're interested. Hope so, as I think it will be fun. :rolleyes:

Q & A Update

RAKEHELL-1.jpg