15 Movies from Your Childhood to Re-watch with Your Kids

Mission

I came across this list for 15 Movies from Your Childhood to Re-watch with Your Kids and thought it was interesting that three of them are (more or less) pirate movies. Maybe four. Han is something of a pirate after all... :blink:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hmmm..... The first grown up, full length movie I saw was Zulu. I was 8. This may explain some things.......

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

But...none of them are from *my* childhood!

So here's a couple I remember seeing in me own younger years:

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" (saw it on base theater in Germany, so I did...)

"Ghidrah, the Three Headed Monster" (saw that one on base at Fort Knox...)

Damn, thats sharp!

Hmmm..... The first grown up, full length movie I saw was Zulu. I was 8. This may explain some things.......

Hawkyns

Hmmmm... Zulu, a great Michael Caine flick.

Make mine, The Vikings (1958) with Borgnine, Douglas, Curtis and Leigh.

Jas Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

From childhood? Except for two of them, they mostly occurred during my adulthood - methinks this is aimed at a younger crowd... Nice that there were so many pirate movies for the young 'uns!

My childhood was filled with the James Bond movies (the Sean Connery ones.) Oh, and the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. And Night of the Living Dead (gotta love Creature Features!)

RHJMap.jpg

I never saw "Night of the Living Dead", but I remember seeing "The Thing That Wouldn't Die"...ye might call it the "Night of the Living Head" movie...

From childhood? Except for two of them, they mostly occurred during my adulthood - methinks this is aimed at a younger crowd... Nice that there were so many pirate movies for the young 'uns!

My childhood was filled with the James Bond movies (the Sean Connery ones.) Oh, and the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. And Night of the Living Dead (gotta love Creature Features!)

Damn, thats sharp!

Ahhh, forget th' list. We should make our own list. :D

I know m' neices and nephew enjoy "The Goonies" and would watch it over and over and over. It's one fun adventure that will never grow old.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!