Meal idea

CaptianNasty

Wasn't sure if i should have posted this here or in the food section but since i have no recipe here it is...

OK, I've been in Japan for a year now but haven't been home for about 6 months. The wife is not the greatest cook in the world so now that I'm going home I'm going to be resuming my duties in the galley. I'm trying to come up with a fitting piratical (yet yummy) meal for the crew upon my return. No luck yet.

The wife is allergic to sea food and son is pretty picky (unless its sloppy joes). Any one have any ideas?

As sails age the change shape and loose some of their efficiency. Regretfully, so do some sailors.

Good Gawd, Nasty -

Just go the ... The Way To A Pirate's Heart ... Sealkie's Hide ... then onto Shepard's Pie :blink:

It should appeal to You, the Lass and the powder monkey.

Jas. Hook :lol:

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Check amazon or a library for the book "Lobscouse and Spotted Dog" a bunch of receipts from the Aubrey/Mauturin series of books......O'Brien is the authour of the series, but cannot remember the 2 ladies that wrote the cookbook......

Edited by wes1761

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

Patrick O'Brian for series with Anne Chotzinoff Grossman and Lisa Grossman for tne cookbook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Indeed thanks te ya. I was already eye ballin' tha shepards pie. And getting hungry. The really need ta put kitchens in these barracks. Shoulda joined da airforce.

As sails age the change shape and loose some of their efficiency. Regretfully, so do some sailors.