A Pirate could be star of the next "Stoli Original" Campaign

Henry Martin

Avast there! I just joined this forum... Really glad I did! (And I can't believe I didn't catch up with it 'til now)... Let me introduce myself: My name is Chris Leidenfrost-Wilson, but I'm better known on the high seas as Captain Henry Martin. I'm a pirate actor and folk-singer and also a member of the NY singing pirate group, The Crimson Pirates. (There will be much more on this later... for more pressing matters are at hand!)

Anyway, Stoli vodka has selected me and my pirate persona as one of ten finalists for their next "Stoli Original" campaign. Now-- I know what some of you are thinking-- "pirates only drink rum! Arr! What are ya thinkin' lad?" But honestly, isn't that naught but ethnic profiling? Of course we drink rum, but we are worldy beings and of course would never turn down a fine shot of vodka! In fact, some of us may even prefer it! Anyway, you can check out the video audition here:

I'm reaching out to the pirate community at large for it's support-- because- at any rate- we've got rum covered- so let's set sail and shanghai vodka for our own, too!

There's no "voting" system for this, but if you could visit the video via YouTube and "like" and/or comment, the support would be highly appreciated! You can also visit www.stoli.com and check out the video there!

Let me also mention my website: www.piratesinc.org to check out my pirate act and music. I have two wonderful CD's of pirate/Celtic music to check out there and lots of videos!

Thanks to you all for your support! See you around the forum!!

Cheers, Fair Winds, and Following Seas,

Christopher

Capt. Henry Martin

Edited by Henry Martin

Left a note on your profile. Nice work. Will drop in first chance I get.

Gotta dash

TTFN

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

Aye-- thank you kindly!!

C'mon fellow sea dogs-- let's make this a win for pirates everywhere!! You can help support Henry Martin's bid for Stoli Original by:

1) Visiting the YouTube video page and "Liking" and/or Commenting

2) Visiting Stoli's Facebook Page and commenting on their wall (up to 1x per day!!) Facebook - Stoli

This humble pirate thanks you kindly for your time and support!! Pirates Unite!! And don't you want to see another pirate endorsing fyne spirits?

Cheers,

Christopher

Captain Henry Martin

www.piratesinc.org

PS-- Henry Martin's Stoli Legend:

Long ago, on a tropical island off the coast of Rio, all the pirates of the world gathered for their annual holiday bash... However, one pirate didn't want to go for he was always made fun of. Why? Because he didn't like rum. On the night of the party, a hurricane swept across the Caribbean,sinking the cargo of rum the pirates ordered for their soiree! It seemed all hope was lost- until a ship reeled out of the storm. On the deck was none other than the pirate who didn't drink rum- Henry Martin! “Never fear!" he cried, "For I have sailed the world and returned with the finest of spirits to help us celebrate!" Henry’s crew began unloading mysterious crates emblazoned with Russian. When the pirates opened them, their eyes dazzled with delight! All 16 varieties of Stoli! The bottles were opened, the drinks were poured, and the pirates were merry! The day had been saved by Henry Martin and Stoli and no one ever made fun of the vodka-loving pirate again!

Edited by Henry Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Just a moment to drop in and pout on your behalf, hon. B) See you didn't win. Well.. If it comes down to it we could always raise enough pirates to rise up and... Oh.. Right.. I should make claims like this in private... A private pirate.. HA! B)

I just noticed the emoticons has a ninja and not a pirate. Bummer....

Anywho.. Just wanted to say hi and keep in touch. It's been a long time since I've seen many of the 'Eastern half of North America' performers perform so I miss you all. If I make it back that way I'll let you know and if you make it out here you let me know. Whether it be here in BC or our wonderful partners in renfest crime in Washington State. (Or even PPF) we should hook up and talk the night away.

Deal?

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

I voted for you and gave you a link to a Russian pirate's story

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Bummer mate. Quite sorry you didn't get it!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow