In the market for a Cutlass

Morgan

I am looking for my first cutlass and have seen many here talk about Baltimore Sword and Knife cutlasses. I have seen several on thier website that look great. But are they just for stage combat or can you put an edge on one and have a real weapon.

Morgan

I have heard really good things about BKS swords they offer both stage combat and "sharps". They use high quality special alloy blade steels (unlike most foreign competitors).

Matt and Kerry are really great to deal with.

Hope that helps.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.

Ben Potter, Bladesmith Privateer Armoury Going Afloat Blog

I have heard really good things about BKS swords they offer both stage combat and "sharps". They use high quality special alloy blade steels (unlike most foreign competitors).

Matt and Kerry are really great to deal with.

Hope that helps.

Me thanks. I have been looking at cutlasses and it seems BKS is the source to look at. I like the looks of the D-Ring Bowie on the knives page and was thinking a matching cutlass would make a nice set.

Morgan

I had Matt make a custom sword for me earlier this year. Mine is not sharp by choice. Matt was great to deal with and I am in love with my new sword!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

I had Matt make a custom sword for me earlier this year. Mine is not sharp by choice. Matt was great to deal with and I am in love with my new sword!

Thanks for this reply. I wanted to hear from someone how had a sword from BKS and could speak to thier experiance.

Morgan

Matt is actualy currently working on a custom cutlass for me, it's an interesting peice The handguard is the same style as their Long Jon Silver but it's heated to be a gold color to match the pronze skull pommel I asked him to put on it. I can't wait for it to arrive. I may also commision him to make me a custom dussagge cutlass later once I have some more money.... and a job.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

Matt is actualy currently working on a custom cutlass for me, it's an interesting peice The handguard is the same style as their Long Jon Silver but it's heated to be a gold color to match the pronze skull pommel I asked him to put on it. I can't wait for it to arrive. I may also commision him to make me a custom dussagge cutlass later once I have some more money.... and a job.

Commodore, thanks for your reply. I sent Matt several emails days ago with the style of cutlass and matching bowie I wanted; with a skull pommel on each. I have not heard back from him but 'm looking forward to getting this set

Morgan

• 2 weeks later...