FTPI Encampment Info 2010

Lily Alexander

With this years event quickly approaching, here is some updated information for this years encampment.

Meals and Provisions – A number of meals are being provided this year. As always, crews and individuals are welcome to do their own thing. If you wish to join us, the following dinners will be available. If you would like to contribute an item to Friday and Saturday night meals, you are more than welcome. All crews and individuals will be responsible for providing your own breakfast and lunch. Please plan accordingly.

Friday – Beef Stew and French Onion Soup

Saturday – Chicken & Dumplings and Potato/Broccoli/Cheddar Chowder

Sunday – Pig Roast

Fires and Braziers – Fire pits and cook camps are only being allowed in designated areas and will be shared by all members of the encampment. You are welcome and encouraged to use braziers at any time of day. In the period encampment, coleman’s may only be used during the hours when the park is not open to visitors. Fire pits will not be allowed in the modern camping area. However, braziers and coleman’s can be used at any time.

Firewood/charcoal – One cord of firewood has been generously donated to the Fort for our use this year. If you can bring firewood to add to this donation it will be most appreciated. PLEASE DO NOT BRING BAYWOOD. Charcoal is not being provided but can be easily obtained locally.

Showers – Once again, Callenish has graciously offered us the use of his portable shower. As a requirement from the Fort, it has been asked that we only use “Green Products”. A supply of Dr Brohners Soap will be available for your use. If you plan on bringing your own, please look for the “checkmark” image on all labels. A list of approved products can be found at the following website: www.greenseal.org The showers will be in operation from 7:00pm – 7:00am during the encampment.

Living History – A vital component to this year’s event is living history. All crews are encouraged to present their own demonstrations. They will be taking place throughout the day except during the battle. This is meant to be an enjoyable learning experience for our visitor’s. Anything you can contribute from a historical perspective will greatly add to the public’s experience. For those uncomfortable with this aspect of this year’s event, there are openings to assist in a variety of children’s games. Details will be available at the first Captain’s meeting.

Duty Roster – There are a small amount of camp duties that will need to be performed this year. Gate Watch (11:00pm – 3:00am) and Town Crier (10:30am – 5:00pm). In the interest of fairness to all crews and members of the encampment, a mathematical equation has been used to determine how many jobs each crew will be responsible for. There will not be a sign up sheet distributed on the pub. All crew captains and/or representatives will be provided a list of the positions needed to be filled one week prior to the festival. It will be up to the crew captains/representatives to fill these required positions and return to me at check in.

Shipping Items - The Fort will not be accepting packages this year. Any and all items that need to be shipped in advance must be sent to Fayma. Please contact her directly for shipping information and to let her know that something may be on its way. Email: faymacallahan@aol.com

YHS, Lily

Camp Mom & Pirate Herder

Edited by Haunting Lily Alexander

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Diosa- I'll be on for the beef stew and the pig roast. NOT for the chicken (chicken is foul :rolleyes: ).

Lily- will the gates be open Wednesday night for those of us driving down? That way we can at least get to the parking lot and bathroom.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Chicken is fowl. :rolleyes:

A mathematical equation? Really? Does it use calculus? Lessee...integrate the attendance curve...apply Euler's (pronounced 'oiler's') power function...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Lily, is there any way we can get a ballpark number of people who are going to be at these evening meals so I can see how long I need to cry cutting onions for soup :)

Diosa, To be honest, not really. We could start a thread about it but unfortunately there are too many folks not on the pub to get a decent count. If it helps, I made enough chowder for 60.

Chicken is fowl. :rolleyes:

A mathematical equation? Really? Does it use calculus? Lessee...integrate the attendance curve...apply Euler's (pronounced 'oiler's') power function...

smart arse. :rolleyes:

Congratulations, you just signed up for 3 gate watches and 2 town crier duties. :D

Edited by Haunting Lily Alexander

Diosa- I'll be on for the beef stew and the pig roast. NOT for the chicken (chicken is foul :rolleyes: ).

Lily- will the gates be open Wednesday night for those of us driving down? That way we can at least get to the parking lot and bathroom.

Hawkyns

I'll have to double check but I believe the gates will be locked at 11pm.

Diosa, To be honest, not really. We could start a thread about it but unfortunately there are too many folks not on the pub to get a decent count. If it helps, I made enough chowder for 60.

Perfect, I will prep for 60 and if someone gripes I will point at you :rolleyes:

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

And I will appoint some random, lazy and worthless fellow to be flogged out of camp for no fault of his own.

Hey, hey hey, what the hell did I do??????? Geezzzz, ya just play yer part and they want to run yer out o camp?!?!?!?!?!?

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

WHa! In all dem dere slots there be no slot fer a random worthless fellow. But ifn ye sign me up fer all dem duties... I would certainly qualify.

:P

Look at the bright side Pete, I could have sent last years duty roster with your name filled in on all those slots :P:P

She would have too. :P

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com