Jaeger Sword with Custom Baldric for Sale

This sword was taken from the book "The Era of the American Revolution". These swords varied with the wealth and the taste of those who carried them. This one is designed with two sheaths on the scabbard located just under the sword's clam shell which contain an eating knife and fork. The clam shell prevents loss of the utensils but still allows them to be seen even when the sword is sheathed. All grips are made from polished black horn. The double edged blade is made from fine sword steel and has an 18" fuller centered on its 25" length. The eating knife is shaped like a hunting knife with its 5&1/2" blade and could be used as such. All hardware is brass. Because of the eating utensils, this sword does not fit into a standard baldric. Custom baldric is of black leather and has over twelve inches of additional adjustment to accommodate a larger frame than mine (or it can just be trimmed, to suit the new owner’s taste).

IMG_6413-cropped.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

IMG_6421-cropped.jpg

IMG_6422.jpg

IMG_6423-cropped.jpg

$325, includes shipping within continental United States.

That is worth every penny and then some. Wish I had a few extra bucks right now.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

What company made the blade? Is this a show-piece, or can it stand up to combat?

Currently, the edge is not sharpened, but it is not intended for stage combat.

Not for any defect of construction, it is simply not a stage combat piece.

It is a fully functional hunting sword, and sharpened would be quite serviceable in the field.

I do not know exactly from whom the maker sourced the blade.

Hmmm... tempting. Very tempting. I love the fork and knife that goes with it. Alas, it's not the type of sword I be needing. Blasted. :lol:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oh, holy crab-cakes...

That this is... wow... and to be honest, that's an amazing price too... sooooo tempting...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 weeks later...

Argh! Damn your eyes, why must you tempt me so!

Out of curiosity, do you know what it weighs?

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 months later...