Gift Exchange 2010

Duchess

It was a regulation meant for Christmas, as far as I understood. It sucks,anyway B)

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does suck but at least someone can send anything to you and it will all be well in time for birthdays for friends and such.

Chin up honey. I am sure the receiver of your item will be happy.

See you all soon.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

Jaded - To Canada? Yes and no. Sometimes it's more a red flag but then again... It's all in the value of the item not the shipping method.

When I send to the States I put the value in the top line (next to item description) and then in the final value NCV (no Commercial Value) and 99% of the time it works well.

To here? Well... The girl on the Canada Post 1-800 # says to gather together any gifts they charged and hit them up for a tax refund once they're together. So I've put some cash near the door (2 more gifts are due to arrive) and I'll do as she sugests. She says, because of the time of year, I'll have a greater chance at a tax refund for gifts if I have a cluster...

Charity Ann Rackham

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

JDpyracy150.jpg

My gift arrived safe and sound. I am happy to see no pirate name on the outside of the envelope (only a real name) so I still don't know who. I got down past the outer two envelopes (and the tape saying that it was inspected) to the inner envelope and gently squeezed it. Feels soft but didn't hear any crunching of wrapping paper so if it is OK by my secret Pirate Santa (that just sounds soooo right) I'll just leave it inside the inner envelope and place that under the tree. I don't want to know until Christmas. If my sender would like me to do something different with it then please tell Duchess and she'll let me know. This way the secret can remain. Okay?

:P

But no fees or charges. I guess on inspection they decided that it was not their focus or it didn't look like I may have bought it from a US company and someone was lying.... Not sure but that was a nice change.

So... to the one who sent it. It arrived just fine but I'm not sharing what it is until I've opened it on Christmas.

I'm actually pretty excited.

Later!

Charity Ann Rackham

British Columbia, Canada

JDpyracy150.jpg

I sent mine weeks ago but theres a huge back log of mail over here so not sure when it will get to the USA.

So did I. ANd I'll need a confirmation when it will arrive because until then I am keeping the bill for eventual investigations, but hopefully my small package won't get lost.

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

There be a reason I heckle the commercials for any shipping company, even the US Mail. 1) pricy as all get out, 2) not all that fast and sometimes not all that reliable, 3) well, I've had more than my fair share with battling with their bleedin' employees (no I did not shoot or skewer them to cause them to bleed).

About ready to utilize NASCAR/stock cars for a new reason. Either that or they need to get that bleedin' Star Trek Transporter created for real!

I have already sent off m' gift. My recepiant I'm sure has received it by now. If not, then I'll be givin' the shipping company Blackbeard's wrath!

I shall likewise tell thee if or when I have received my gift.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I've received notice from most of ya that parcels have been shipped. Since we've got some coming and going across the seas and borders I ask that everyone be patient. Though with that said if you still haven't received something by next week, please let me know so's I can follow up on that.

I opened mine today. Looks like Jaded did all right. I see by a previous post that there is to be another part to come. Really? Jaded, honey, should I be watching out for something? Cools and wow. Thank you.

The one bracelet is pretty solid. It's nice. And the little dragonfly is neat. Jade green... Just the right colour. And the fact that the gift includes hand made in the description. Very personal and that's wonderful.

Here's a pic. I'll post anther pic when the 'other' arrives.

pyracysanta.JPG

Thank you sweetheart. Can't wait to see what part two is.

Now I have another reason to visit Florida. To come and see you.

:lol:

Later. Martin is waiting for me to go to dinner.

Charity Ann Rackham

British Columbia, Canada

JDpyracy150.jpg

Mine arrived at the last minute: just in the nick of time yesterday....

Thank you Duchess.... both gifts are the "How the heck did you/she know what I wanted...." a deck of early period playing cards, and a pair of goggles in a tin case.

I almost bought a deck of cards just like them at PiP, figured they would go well with my Buccaneer and Pyrate stuff.... ("Awh Hell" was such a fun game at PiP, and it would be even better with some period cards....now to make an oil cloth bag to keep 'em in.....)

And just last night I was telling Martie about How I want to make a better pair of goggles for my Airship Pyrate stuff....The goggles are surplus ski goggles in a tin container.... but the cool thing about them is that you can take them apart, strip off the paint.... and the frames are made of Brass....Of course I will be modifying them, and then post 'em in the Steampunk Airship Pyrate thread...... Cool.

Received my gift on Christmas Eve. Opened it that night. Thank you, to whomever it was. They are interesting. Ballast stones from what the little certificate stated that came with it, from the shipwreck of the El Rubi.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!