Gift Exchange 2010

Duchess

Sounds fab! Ill send the Pm before I hit the hay.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we could extend the deadline until November 30th for the gift exchange and do no real damage to our gifting timeline. So be it!

Current List

Myself

PoD

LadyBarbossa

Laura Coughlin

Quartermaster James

wes1761

Gunpowder Gertie

vintagesailor

Fayma Callahan

CharityRackham

jaded

I still don't see my name there in the list, is it any problem because I am not in the US? I was inscribed the twelfth if counting from down up on the first page.

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Hi Elena I need to receive a pm with the proper information before an individual gets added. I got that this morning, so consider yourself added! Bilgemunky, glad the extension made it possible for you. :rolleyes:

Remember, Tuesday at midnight, central time is the new deadline! Send in your PM's!

The latest list:

Myself

PoD

LadyBarbossa

Laura Coughlin

Quartermaster James

wes1761

Gunpowder Gertie

vintagesailor

Fayma Callahan

CharityRackham

jaded

Elena

Bilgemunky

And so please let us all welcome the inestimable Patrick Hand!

The latest list:

Myself

PoD

LadyBarbossa

Laura Coughlin

Quartermaster James

wes1761

Gunpowder Gertie

vintagesailor

Fayma Callahan

CharityRackham

jaded

Elena

Bilgemunky

Patrick Hand

And as the enrollment deadline approaches....

Tonight is your last chance to sign up for the piratey gift exchange! Play Benevolent Giver to one of your fellow pirates! Follow that up with a role of Excited Recipient! Sure to make your holiday season extra special!

Can't wait.. Can't wait... Oh goody goody... Looks like I'll be able to sort out all three secret Santa / gift exchanges this week and be done with it giving me time to do all the other seasonal things I enjoy. An incredible Yule... Here I come!!!!

Thanks for this opportunity Duchess. I didn't think this would work over internet / through the mail. This is wild!!

Charity Ann Rackham

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

JDpyracy150.jpg

Hehehemmwahahahahaha... ::: rubbing and folding hands over the other manically::: Now to compile the booty!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Note to gift exchange people. The Canadian Government has gone mad with HST (our two taxes combined to make one ridiculous sales tax). They are charging the receiver HST on any items shipped to them. Today I had to pay $42 in order to receive a gift from a friend in the US.

Please, if you haven't sent your gift yet (Gertie is up here as am I - Don't know who else) do not put an actual value on it. NCV is the acceptable value. It means No Commercial Value.

I'm going to have to let the two other friends who are sending me Christmas Gifts that this is so. I'm going to go broke accepting gifts. Darn it!!!

Thanks guys and gals.

Charity Ann Rackham

British Columbia, Canada

JDpyracy150.jpg

Just incase theres anyone else in the UK doing this, the last day to post stuff to the USA that will get there before xmas is the 10th.

We get stung for import duty on parcels too but as long as the customs label reads a value of less than $28 we dont have to pay it.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Oi- I don't think we'll need t' worry about HST on these Gift Exchange gifts, as the value will be far less than what the theshold is for payment of HST. I recieve a lot o' stuff from me neighbours t' the South, and I generally never have a problem with havin' t' pay HST.

The last time I had t' pay that much HST was for a sword with a listed value of 300.00. And yes, 'twas marked as a gift, yet it did have that as a value.

Of course, should me secret Santa decide t'send me a 300 dollar sword as my gift- why I'd be much obliged, an' happy t' give the money t' the Provincial gov't.

Note t' my gift exchange partner...

Nay, ye won't be gettin' a 300 dollar sword from meself. I'll be thinkin' it..I just won't be sendin' it!

:lol:

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

I had an unpleasant surprise when mailing my gift too. They put in the customs rules for Christmas a limit of 400g to the gifts to USA. So one of the books I intended to send remains with me until next time... :lol:

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Elena. That's less then a pound? Really? Bugger.

Is it like that the rest of the year or only during Christmas rush?

It amazes me how different countries handle their situations.

I called Canada Post on the gift that came for me. This last year has been the only time I've had these issues. They gave me another phone number I can call as, if it is a gift no tax should be charged. I haven't called yet as I'll have to account for hold time and I don't have that right now.

But Canada Post said that anything that is valued $20 or more can be charged duty and HST, no matter what so the sugestion was once more made to me that NCV be put in the value space. I've done that with sending down there as well. She says for the US it's a $35 limit but up to $600 can be claimed depending on what it is. I chuckled as she said 'she thinks'.

I know a lot of you send back and forth to the States. I've been receiving from the US for years and when something is handmade in the US I get a NAFTA filled out. Wish Canada had that but alas. So yeah... I wanted to share that on a whole as I do know a lot of you send stuff back and forth and it looks like things may be changing. I figure it may be move to help get rid of gov debt. We'll have to wait and see.

Gotta dash. Headed out to one day of just hubby and I. Cheap day date but we need a day to us.

TTFN

Charity Ann Rackham

British Columbia, Canada

JDpyracy150.jpg