Shuttle from Downtown to Fort?

Mission

Ok, I'm getting confused. Someone told me (or at least I think they told me) that there will be a shuttle running from downtown Key West where the downtown portion of the events will be going on and Fort Zachary Taylor where the Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion portion of the events will be taking place. Is this true, or am, I just confused?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Fayma answered this for me in another thread, but since I put this out there, let me quote the parts of her answer relative to my question here so there is no future confusion.

...there is going to be a shuttle from downtown to the Truman waterfront then over to the Fort. It will repeat the cycle throughout the day and will stop running around 10 pm or so. I have not confirmed the exact timelines, as I am waiting to see if there is a sponsor location for the downtown aspect, since Pirate's Soul has moved out of town.

If there is a need for an airport pickup, I have folks ready, willing and able for most times to pick up or drop off, for the duration of PiP, not just during the Fort Taylor Pyrate invasion. Pirates don't let pirates take expensive cabs in Key West when it can be helped. Please feel free to contact me for arrangements.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

That is such a welcome addition to the festival. It will be nice tying the fort, Annex and downtown together. Perhaps we can do what we did a few years ago and deploy pirates near where the cruise ship folks disembark so we can tell them about the festival. We did this with great success a few years back and probably ended up in lots of their photos at the same time.

Since the fort has one of the best beaches it was a natural cross sell to talk about the festival and to tell them it's the best beach, so they could easily do both during their visit. Having the shuttle really promotes this as well.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 3 weeks later...

can there be some pre made up flyers featuring the fort fest and the "best beaches in KW" to hand out to cruse passengers and other tourist down town and around the docks including where a shuttle may have a pickup and drop of to get them back and forth, or will this idea work to get more folks to the fort.

Best beaches , Pyrate festival,living history,Black powder, Free shutle, what more would you want?

just some thoughts to get more folks to our side of the island.

Ensign, Wobble

I think the main challenge Willie is the budget. I think the festival is already way over and in the red, as always, it seems. So many good ideas and never any money - the story of our life, eh?

--

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hurricane, I can donate a few reams of paper if some can do the text and graphics for flyers to hand out, if it would be worth the time and effort to try to get some of the cruz ship and other folks down to the fort, pass them out down town ,around the dock and the christmas parade saturday night