2 handmade hangers

glennnn

My 1st cutlass. Perfect for quick boarding-parties, or those things that go bump in the night.

Lightweight, welded construction on carbon-steel blade (length 24", plus handle).

Very tough leather-wrapped handle and fitted scabbard.

Yar.

Cutlass-4a-42k.jpg

Edited by glennnn

My 2nd cutlass. Perfect for quick boarding-parties, or those things that go bump in the night.

Lightweight, welded construction on carbon-steel blade (length 24", plus handle).

Very tough leather & brass wire-wrapped handle and fitted scabbard.

Cutlass-4b-47k.jpg

Edited by glennnn

Arrrr, thankee kindly ! I looked around at what was available, and decided to build my own. The problem with what they're marketing and selling is that "functional" seems to be the last consideration. Particularly in the handling, from the balance to the shape and feel of the grip. Your sword should feel like an extension of your body and your thought, not some uncomfortable wanky thing that wobbles around and hurts your hand and wrist to use.

Edited by glennnn

Beautiful. I "borrowed" them too for the case if I need a new cutlass for a character :rolleyes: . I hope you don't mind, if I save them and rehost one of them when needed. I asked for this permission in all blades' threads... and I showed mine too, for a fair exchange, if anybody needs them.

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Beautiful. I "borrowed" them too for the case if I need a new cutlass for a character :rolleyes: . I hope you don't mind, if I save them and rehost one of them when needed. I asked for this permission in all blades' threads... and I showed mine too, for a fair exchange, if anybody needs them.

To think of it- me own fair choppers moight be famous someday ! Now I s'pose I'll have to give em a measure of oil and touch of the old stone...

TIcropCSW-122k.jpg

Edited by glennnn