Some New Stuff!!

sutlerjon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dutch & Animal, yes I'm still among the living.

Huzzah!?!

Docs seem to think I'm gonna be around a while longer, will know better later this week, newest test results will be in, then will have a better idea of the real "score".

Even though I've been in illness and recovery mode I been doin' my best to keep busy.

Anyway, as threatened here are a few new items that have been on the bench in the last few weeks ......

These baldrics are based on an English infantry design, they can be built adjustable or not, I recently found a place to get some authentic buckles and will be getting some soon.

Baldrics are $75.00 fixed size and $85.00 with buckles.

100_0938.jpg

100_0936.jpg

These are ladies skirt hangers set of three $15.00 or $7.00 each

100_0941.jpg

Of course you can still see some other new stuff on a couple of my posts .... "I'm still here" and ..."been keeping busy" I believe. Maybe I'll go bump them.

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Some other new boxes .....

These are good for cell phones and cigs and other small stuff they are about 1/2 the size of a cartridge box and are $30.00 plain and $38.00 with 2 colors and/or the design.

I built the black and red one for my grandson so it also is a good size for a small pirate's cartridge box.

SmallBoxes.jpg

Self Promoter Jim

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I will be posting some new photos of an improved Whydah box in the next few days .... a change has come to light that I'm incorporating into newer editions. Around the 1st of the year I plan to debut an authentic Buccaneer's cartouche box ..... just need to get a spare minute to build them.

I've also gotten my "tarring" recipe together for haversacks and/or shoulder bags. Will also post pics of a new belt wallet.

I've been busy in the shop all year and just haven't been on the Pub as much as I used to.

Self Promoter Jim

I will be posting some new photos of an improved Whydah box in the next few days .... a change has come to light that I'm incorporating into newer editions. Around the 1st of the year I plan to debut an authentic Buccaneer's cartouche box ..... just need to get a spare minute to build them.

I've also gotten my "tarring" recipe together for haversacks and/or shoulder bags. Will also post pics of a new belt wallet.

I've been busy in the shop all year and just haven't been on the Pub as much as I used to.

Hey, just received the green onion bottle from you - very cool! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim -

Have ye gotten to me 4' folding plank yet???

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the camera out and have some new shots of the updated Whydah Box

A client sent me some pics from a NatGeo Article that allowed me to finally see that the box has end flaps to help,keep weather out and that explains the stitching on the edges of the top flap. As a result of this new info, all boxes from here on will have the end flaps.

improvedWhydahbox1.jpg

These are some belt wallets that I made a while ago and just got 'round to shooting.

BeltWallets.jpg

This is a one off baldric ..... only one of this buckle that I have.

NewBuckleonbaldric.jpg

swordcarrierend.jpg

This is the sword end of the baldric

I'm also doing some "tarred" and plain canvas haversacks, I can make these without the buckle and strap closure.

TarredHaversack.jpg

PlainHaversack.jpg

Drop me a PM or an e-mail to inquire.

I also picked a couple of onion bottles like the large one on the website as well as 2 large hand blown green glass bottles with handles. Pictures to follow .... eventually.

To return to subject of Cartouche boxes I will be constructing some Phipps boxes which seem to be the one with the stitched in liner and some boxes based on Labat's description. Expect those next year.

Self Promoter Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Eventualities do come to pass ....

Some photos of more new sh....tuff.

These socks are not just knee high .... oh no ... they're THIGH high!

100_1031.jpg

The onion bottles are each about 7-1/2" tall and, of course, I can make a leather belt sling for 'em.

100_1034.jpg

I have 2 of theses unique pitchers, they are are about 10-1/2" tall and probably weigh about 2 lbs. They are hefty.

100_1037.jpg

Self Promoter Jim

Eventualities do come to pass ....

Some photos of more new sh....tuff.

These socks are not just knee high .... oh no ... they're THIGH high!

100_1031.jpg

The onion bottles are each about 7-1/2" tall and, of course, I can make a leather belt sling for 'em.

100_1034.jpg

I have 2 of theses unique pitchers, they are are about 10-1/2" tall and probably weigh about 2 lbs. They are hefty.

100_1037.jpg

Love that lower glass bottle! It looks rather 'suggestive'.

• 3 weeks later...

Jim -

Have ye gotten to me 4' folding plank yet???

Jas. Hook ;)

The folding table was received yesterday, great job. ^_^

Thanks for all your help in working this puppy's transportation out.

You the best, Jim!

Thanks

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

• 3 months later...

As alluded to, several months ago, I have been working on some new sh ...tuff. This is the 1st of several new pieces that I'll be offering soon.

Soon as I get 'em finished.

This is a Sword Belt, the loops for your scabbard can be made to accommodate your sword's width.

SwordBelt.jpg

The price is $65.00 Riveted construction and can be made in Black, Brown or Natural, or Hand Sewn for $75.00.

Keep watching this space for some more stuff coming soon.

Self Promoter Jim

Here is another NEW thing I've been doing, this is the 1st one .....

A military style leather powder storage flask good for the belt or with your cartridge box.

This one is about 8-1/2" tall overall, including the spout,and 3-1/2" wide. I think it'll hold about 1/2 to 3/4 lb of powder.

Smallflask.jpg

It'll be $45.00.

The large one will be 11-1/2" tall and 5" wide and should hold over a lb of powder, will post pictures when it's completed.

Self Promoter Jim

Hummmm... looks more like Mister Gibbs' medicinal flask, yo-ho. :huh:

Jas. Hook ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is picture of the larger leather powder flask. It's on a shoulder strap but can also be slung from a belt. It's about 11-1/2" tall as described in the previous post.

These will be $65.00. An improved spout assembly version should be ready about the end of May.

LargeFlask.jpg

Self Promoter Jim

• 2 months later...

I recently ordered and received from Sutlerjon, a cartridge box, belay pin and a fid, to fill out my kit . Really nice work!

Jas. Hook ;)

• 11 months later...

Wow it's been awhile since I posted anything here been busy as can be.

I came across some really nice boots yesterday. They are white "Storm Trooper" boots, they can be dyed black for our uses.

These are quite servicable shoes and come from the prop dept surplus bin.

I have 2 pair, a 12-1/2 wide and an 11. There are also 2 pair of short "bootees" in black with elastic side panels "tie fighter pilot" shoes or Steam Punk Victorian Era Civilian shoes sizes 12 & 12-1/2 both wide

I'll take $50.00 a pair and pay the shipping. I'll post photos if any interest.

Edited by sutlerjon

Self Promoter Jim

Ahoy matey, welcome back!

Your leather cartridge box came in real handy last week in Hampton. It provided splendid service as a pocket to hold wallet, room card, spare camera battery and SD card, etc.

Jas. Hook ;)