New Toys!

Edward O'Keeffe

Very nice! Is it going to be a rope bed for camp?

That's one of the things on my never ending list of projects.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

EO'K -

Great find. I recently watched a wood worker/decoy carver at Old Bethpage Village. The amount of use he got out of the draw knife while he worked was amazing. B)

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Just stumbled across some new carpentry tools today, well new to me anyway.

Are you sure you didn't just stumble across my toolbox?!?!

2451760365_b132cb868d_z.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

You guys should get such stuff together, bring it to events and explain ship's carpentry. I've never seen that done yet.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Beautiful! So glad you found them and they will continue to be applied in the manner for which they were built. These tool makers put so much into making a quality product that would stand the test of time. To see them use as decoration in some folksy decor is a crime! To see them drawing lond peels of Oak or the Mallet driving Locust Trunnels (treenails) into double sawn frames is what these beauties were meant to do. I'm so glad you guys have these tools and hope they continue to serve ye well! YMHS, Dutch

Edited by capn'rob

Nice.... and aye Mission, we're working on a carpentry demo for Pip with Iron Jon, Edward and Island Cutter...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/