St Augustine Menendez Landing 2010

Diosa De Cancion

Sigh, I was forced to return to the real world from a weekend in 1565. It was the celebration of the 445th anniversary of St. Augustine and the landing of Pedro Menendez De Avila. Here are a few photos and a video from the weekend.

It was great to see everyone again and I even got a little weaving done :)

Much thanks to Sgt Johnson and Mia (The Wench) for making it such a fantastic time. They were both working their backsides off to make everything happen!

Photo Link From Menendez Landing

Video of the cannon fire welcoming Menendez

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I thought I saw you earlier during the landing but wasn't sure it was you. When we talked to Willie later in the day he said you were there. It would have been nice to meet up...

4965962734_91dbe92c95_z.jpg

4965343359_70933e955f_z.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I thought I saw you earlier during the landing but wasn't sure it was you. When we talked to Willie later in the day he said you were there. It would have been nice to meet up...

4965962734_91dbe92c95_z.jpg

4965343359_70933e955f_z.jpg

Well, I did get the spinning wheels and they are disassembled :rolleyes:

So, perhaps I can take a trip ALLLLL the way ...what... 10 miles down the road, and we can try to assemble them :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wish i coud have been there!!!!!!!!!!

Well that one is a period correct event, so there's some sewing in your future :)

But, coming up, in November is the Pirate Gathering which offers a little more leeway with costume and you can meet many of these same great folks!!!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Also...pics that I had not uploaded right away.... a gift from Willie Wobble of a duck head spoon!!!!

spoon1.jpg

spoon2.jpg

Willie carves and sells these (and no, they are not all ducks, but he knows I love ducks!) as well as makes those fabulous wrapped bottles, so if you are in need, drop him a PM an put in an order!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com