Facebook Side Bar

Silkie McDonough

I would very much like to move or remove the Facebook Like/Unlike link on the upper right hand of the home page. I would rather see "Recent Topics Added" followed by "Recent Status Updates". i tried clicking on the x to remove it but that x closes all of the right side bar. I tried clicking on "Like" to get rid of it but the FB like is STILL there. Any idea how to remove/move it? Why isn't there a minus side to shrink that part of the right side bar like there is for the other ones over there.

I doubt you can do anything with it unless Stynky changes it. Give it time and you'll get used to and not notice it. (Although I must say that I think it is a bit overlarge and the colors are a bit distracting. It would be much cleaner as a simple FB link than something that shows a handful of people who have become fans.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I like seeing the random selection of people's faces that support the Pub from the outside.

Right now, it lives in a block meant for advertisements that doesn't allow for collapse.

I'll root around and see if I can find a collapsible code block that I can stick in - at this point though all I can do is pin this thread and add it to the ToDo list.

• 10 months later...
I would very much like to move or remove the Facebook Like/Unlike link on the upper right hand of the home page. I would rather see "Recent Topics Added" followed by "Recent Status Updates". i tried clicking on the x to remove it but that x closes all of the right side bar. I tried clicking on "Like" to get rid of it but the FB like is STILL there. Any idea how to remove/move it? Why isn't there a minus side to shrink that part of the right side bar like there is for the other ones over there.

Is anyone else hating on this?