Pirate in need of Help

captscurvy_nc

Fot those of you who don't know about my situation I am still unemployed due to several surgues I had to gfo through due to my back and left hip. While money has been tight this year because of that something has come up that is more important to me than money and I need help. My sister is a missionary and has wanted to be one since the 7th grade. She has spent her whole life devoted to Christ and the work of Insight Missions in California which is where she lives now. Two years ago her and her husband were told that my sister cannot have a child. They applied for adoption and found a mother that was about to give birth and everything seemed like it was going great. Two days before teh baby was due the girl backed out and told them she was keeping the baby. If that wasn't hard enough they just found a second mother a few months ago and my parents were supposed to fly out to Cali tomorrow since teh baby was due on Friday. The mother called last night and told my sister she is having second thoughts and wants to keep the baby for a week to "try things out". The laws in Cali are all on the birth mothers side so she legally can do whatever she wants but this is twice now that my sister's life ahs been shattered and I need to be there for her. I really cannot afford a plane ticket right now and my parents are tapped out after buying their tickets. I need to get to Cali and am wiliing to do whatever it takes. If anyone knows of an event that is coming up that could use my services as Blackbeard in exchange for airfaire please let me know. I'll do any event, any place any time to get near Passadena to see my sister. I have always been there for her in the past and I know she's feeling alone with all her family here in NC. If anyone has any ideas or help to get me out there please let me know ASAP. I am also a licienced stage combat artist and would be willing to teach classes or host a workshop in exchange for a ticket. Please keep my sister in your thoughts and prayers and please help me get to Cali.

I can't help you from up here but there are no shortage of pirate groups in Cali. Have you thought to check FaceBook for groups in California OR..

Even indie production lists. Here in Canada we get production lists from the individual film commissions. You may have a skill that a mid size indi film may need and they may be looking for non union workers with your skills.

http://www.film.ca.gov/

OR..

The renfest circuit. Most publicly produced renfests are run by producers looking for additional help. It would be based on seasons but with a number of different renfests in Cali the season thing may just match your needs.

http://www.renaissancefestivals.com has an incredible list.

Good luck on this. Wish I could do more.

Later

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

As a rule, pirate reenactors aren't exactly your executive types, even in California. There are a number of pirate groups in California, but most of the members don't exactly have a lot of spare cash. However, the Rum Runners is full of Hollywood money - you might want to give them a try.

RHJMap.jpg

Parents are in Cali know and say the baby was born by c-section Wed and the Mom is still thinking about her decision. sister is talking with her attorney today to see if there are any options. I really cannot imagine her going through this twice. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully I will get a plane ticket eventually.

I am thinking and praying and wish you best of luck!

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-