Pirate Village, Thieves’ Market & Pirate Pub at Truman Waterfront.

hurricane

Ahoy all!

Just got word.

The festival is expanding. The Pirate Village, Thieves’ Market & Pirate Pub at Truman Waterfront is tentatively a go, just waiting for permits.

If you know of any vendors who fall outside the guidelines for being in the fort this year, they can now be over at the Truman Annex waterfront. More food and more vendors - just have to be decorated piratical and have the sellers in pirate attire (not period correct).

The Tryal of Anne Bonny and Mary Read will be over there this year on the new stage, the Walk the Plank Championships will be aboard the WOLF dockside and the Annex location will also host the Tall Tales contests, a pirate pub and more.

The move will allow us to have a lot of the activities that were in town closer to the fort, creating more synergy for the event while offering more space for vendors, the stage and other piratical fun.

If you know of any vendors that wouldn't fit the fort's guidelines, have them contact Julie ASAP at (305) 296-9694 or email Info@PiratesInParadise.com.

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

That's a great suggestion William. I will let her know.

Here's a satellite view of the two areas and their close proximity. The Annex property is where the Mowhawk and now the Ingham are birthed on the map.

-- Hurricane

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=key+west,+fl&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.578243,65.126953&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Key+West,+Monroe,+Florida&ll=24.550002,-81.808083&spn=0.006382,0.008776&t=h&z=17

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

If you zoom out 1x you'll see the fort in the lower left hand corner.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

For those wanting to vend at the Pirate's Village & Thieve's Market, our new vending coordinator Suzi King has a new form up. If you've been to John's Pass' pirate event or the Treasure Coast Pirate Festival in Stuart you know what a great job Suzi does.

The link can be found at: http://www.piratesinparadise.com/vendors/index.html

Note - this is not for any vendors in the fort. This is for all the others so if you know of people vending who don't fit the "period correct vending", this is the form they need.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy all! An update!

Just found out that the WOLF will be doing the bulk of her sailings from the Truman Annex Pirate's Village and Thieve's Market Wednesday through Sunday during the festival.

We are expecting around 30 to 50 vendors in the Market now that Suzi has taken over the management of it and the new Pyracy Pub is underway as well there, right next to the stage.

It's going to be a great event this year!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 2 weeks later...

Beer lovers rejoice!

This has just been added to the event...

On Saturday...

Noon-3pm – 1st Annual PIP BUBBA Homemade Brew Fest at Village Thieves’ Market. Brewers from around the country will compete for the title of PIP BUBBA Homemade Brewer of the Year. Purchase a PIP BUBBA Taste Cards at the PIP PIRATE PUB & INFO BOOTH & vote for your favorite brewer! Info, 305.296.9694 or email Info@PiratesInParadise.com. It is expected that over 100 brews will be available for tasting during the competition.

Other notes:

The National Walk the Plank Championships have been officially moved over to the Truman Waterfront, where it will be joined by the Tryal of Anne Bonny and Mary Read, the First Annual Tall Tales Contest, and my personal favorite, "Coloring with Uncle Don", a new kids event led by Don Maitz where kids will be coloring one of his original pieces of art.

The newest schedule is now posted at http://www.piratesinparadise.com/schedule/index.html

More and more coming every day it seems.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny