Little money Little Taste

AlexRoberts

Well, Im the pickiest eater on the planet BUT i want to try and make different things that sound good. Im not going to eat pig head or anything outrageous.

Im just looking for new and good tasting things. My food variety is small i mainly eat chicken,hamburger,pizza, and pasta....seriously. I've tried Shark and other fish loved most of it actually. Just don't have enough money for the stuff like that. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas of what i could try and make or have any recipes for me to try?

sig1-2.png

Piracy is freedom

Being a man of science, my gastronomical renaissance began when I started watching, "Good Eats," by Alton Brown. I also reccomend buying a copy of "The Joy of Cooking." It can take you from boiling water to haute cuisine. Treat the recipes as a starting point; don't be afraid to substitute and add things that you think will be tastey.

highres_6845035.jpeg

Craig Browne

Captain

Half Moon Marauders

• 1 month later...

If you have the Cooking or Food channel, record some of it if ye can. Some awesome things they've had on like some surf and turf ideas that could be incorporated for events! Just brilliant! Otherwise, Rachel Ray as some great ideas. Or you can check out the Food Channel.com... they've some incredible ideas of food. My favorite from Rachel Ray was the B(acon)L(eek)T(omato) gravy with chicken! Those she said applewood, any type of pre-cooked bacon would work. Leeks is a must, and roma tomatoes are best. It's a brilliant and quick dish that takes all about 15 minutes to make. I'll have to run over to Rachel Ray's site to try and look for it.

Ahi (yellowfin) Tuna! Great stuff, takes on the take of whatever you cook it with and even exudes a taste of nice, clean, light pork! it's delish! You can cook it on anything. After you've cooked it and put it in the frig, you can even warm it back up in the microwave and still taste pretty good. The price is not too bad either, you can get them for $7 - $10 a pound and that is darn good as usually each steak costs around $3. Not too bad.

The fabulous thing about these... you can use these recipes at events!!! Especially the BLT gravy with chicken as it's a gravy and you can actually chop up the chicken into pieces and bits and use nothing more than bread to scoop up! It's a dish that's beyond heaven when you try it! And VERY, VERY addictive! One of Rachel Ray's brilliant dishes.

Hmm... The others, I'm sure can be incorporated, too. ;) Like a pirate's hamburger! How's that, Roberts! Patties of burger made to order with whatever toppings you want in a dutch oven. ;) Pasta... perhaps orzo and gnocchi or spatzel. Make your own or store bought. Making your own is easier and it's a great pasta that goes with ANYTHING. ;)

Here's something simple that combines two of your favs... and also can be at events... GOULOSH!!! It's simple: burger, pasta and tomato/veggie juice. Add in veggies and spices if you want and sausage. :) You really cannot go wrong with Goulosh! ;)

The Food Network or the Cooking Channel always have some great ideas in food, even with low cost and better yet, dishes you can make at events! ;)

Shall keep watching those channels for some ideas to pass along.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!