squashed

Bilgewater Browne

I have WAY too many zucchini, crookneck squash and mini-pumpkins. I have made zuke pasta sauce, various squash cassaroles, roasted pumpkins, and gnocchi with spinach and yellow squash sauce. I am running out of ideas. HELP!

sliced, tossed in olive oil and sea salt, then roasted?

zucchini and pumpkin breads and muffins you can freeze and have around for guests later (if you're not living on a boat w/ no storage space). Have you tried canning or freezing any of the things you've already made for the winter?

Mistress Dobyns

Slice zuchinni into 1 inch pieces then shve with a peeler to get thin strips one inch wide, roll with goat cheese and chives. Serve cold.

Antonio Gumbatz, The Italian Pirate

Ships cook, Rum swizzler, Swordsman, Flirt.

www.babuccs.com

LOL... oh, there are SOOOO many recipes to use!

Here's one that can be used at events since you can obtain some of these veggies and are great for events, too.

RATATOUILLE! Yes, you heard me right. It's delightful really! Like a marinara sauce but better! You can season it if you wish or not. Requires zucchini, squash (generally the yellow banana like squash), eggplant, onions, tomatos, and green peppers. Slice or dice up and put in pot or dutch oven. A little water (3 cups is way too much). Tomato or veggie juice works best. And cook. Bring to boil like a stew and let it all simmer. Now, you can add lime, lemons and/or oranges to it if ye like. It adds some zing to the dish. Lightly pepper as it soaks up the pepper well. Light on salt, too. But other spices like basil, paprika, savory, garlic... you can use as much as ye want to taste.

It's a fabulous veggie dish!

With squash... depends upon what types of squash you get. Butternut squash makes a fantastic bisque. Or just roast it and dash some brown sugar or maple syrup upon it.

Acorn squash is great baked with maple syrup upon it.

Zucchini and squash... you can skewer on a kabob and roast over a BBQ or campfire. With or without meat.

Stir fry the zucchini with squash and whatever else you have. Steam or bake squash with sweet potatoes and carrots.

Mash the squash.

Oh, dear God, one can do so much with zucchini and squash! LOL, if ye can't tell, proper veggies as these two are often eaten within my family. :unsure:

Canning is a very good idea if you can't freeze.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!