New pirate captain looking for a crew

Beforethemast.jpg

“Behold! A cry from the crow's nest.

A ship appears from the south west.

The years below deck that bored me,

All lead to what lies before me:

Hear the terror! Fires burn and cannons sound.

Fate awaits me, as the vessels circle round

See the slaughter - cutlass swings and pistols fire.

I hold my breath, close my eyes and hang on for

Death before the mast.”

(Alestorm)

Welcome to "Before the Mast", a play-by-post role-playing game set in 1719 in the West Indies.

The War of the Quadruple Alliance is unfolding, and the European alliances and hostilities extend also to the colonies. The Caribbean Sea is boiling in the war. British, French and Dutch have allied their forces against the Spanish, and from Arruba to Bahamas there is no quiet place ashore or at sea. Besides the political turmoil which leads the colonies at each other’s throats, pirates and privateers are on the prowl. Terror rules the trade routes, and both Spanish and British authorities swore to end piracy.

The pirate ship “The Caribbean Siren” has sent spies in Kingston, to learn about the British Navy’s moves, without knowing that French Navy is also set on hunting pirates for their own glory, and in Havana, where a convoy of the rich Manila Fleet is expected. They have no idea that the British privateers on “Fate’s Hand” are stalking the same prey, and other surprises are bound to be revealed.

Furthermore, the now allied captains of "Le Phenix" and "HMS Rose" have recently discovered that during the previous war, the one for the Spanish succession, they had literally fought each other as enemies, and the British captain has a revenge against the captain of "Le Phenix", perhaps even more important for him than the one against pirates...

Who will be fighting whom in this strange encounter, and who will find death before the mast? Whose lovers will weep somewhere ashore, and whose will party, covered in expensive gifts?

Character opportunities abound, we have 5 ships of various allegiances to crew and islands belonging to the French, Spanish and British crown to populate. Come and join any side you wish during this multi-faceted war!

Sharpen your blades, load your guns, drain the last sip of rhum and raise to swashbuckling adventure, spending some time with us before the mast, on the ship of your choice!

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-