Cool New Features

Mission

Stynky has done a really good job of keeping the forum software up-to-date. The folks behind the software have a user group which comes up with cool new ideas that get added whenever the software is updated, but that aren't explained to us plebians. I happened to find this one by accident, and it's worth sharing:

Pyracy New Content Preview Feature.jpg

You'll find it on every forum index page (including 'View New Content' and 'Recent Postings' as I've shown here). It allows you to see a brief preview of the first post on the forum index pages so that you don't actually have to go into the post to view it and then back out again to get to the forum index page again. (That may be confusing...just move your mouse over to the right of the post listings and one of the little icons will be that little white and green thing the giant arrow is pointing to. Click on it and see what happens.)

Maybe you've found something cool by accident? If so, let us know about it here! (I have doubts even Stynky knows what's been added with each new upgrade.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hey, thanks, Mission, for finding that little trick. I've used it a few times lately. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

JT, do you really want to go there? LOL

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Um *cough* *cough*, of course I knew it was there. . . I know everything.

(Actually I didn't have a clue that was even there, I'm sure a lot of stuff like that has come online since the first major install.)

• 1 year later...

Say, this is kind of neat. You can see what the mysterious Guests are viewing by clicking on the 'See full list' link which is located next to the on line user info near the bottom of the forum on the index page. (I noticed several of them are viewing various surgeon threads in Twill when I looked. cool.png )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Actually, it's sort of addicting. Guests seem to dig up the weirdest threads to read. I clicked through to one last week that received its last post in 2004. I'm guessing they found it through Google.

Mission_banner5.JPG