Pirate Surgeon's Journal for The Lockhouse

Mission

Here's the latest Pirate Surgeon's Journal. It's for the Lockhouse event at Havre de Grace, Maryland. For the latest info on the Pirate Surgeon's Journals, check out the Facebook PSJ Fan Page.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Accents? Who has an accents?!? Funny and Entertaining as usual. Really hope to see you and Shay again sometime.

Take Care!

Cuisto, you might also want to check out the Surgeon's Journal Main page: www.piratesurgeon.com (Heh heh heh.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission, I have to say I was really happy to meet both you and Shay.

As for Cuisto Mako... he's mad I tell you! Mad!

:P

Seriously, I had a great time, and the three of you helped make the event for me. Saturday would have been near total bust if it wasn't for the three of you. Your collective charm and wit brought warmth to an otherwise bleak day. It's nice to know that it is possible to befriend people virtually, and realize that friendship in the physical realm.

Mission, I'm also sad you couldn't make it back for Sunday. As dreary as Saturday was, Sunday was near perfect. I don't believe we've ever had such nice weather during the summer version of the event as we had that Sunday.

If you ever want to come back for another round with us, the door is always open. Hell... if you ever happen to be in Baltimore again, give me a call and I'll make amends regarding that shot o' scotch!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Aw, shucks. We had fun too, as the journal attests. (The food at that party alone made up for any raindrop dodging. They put on a great party!) Thanks for being such a gracious host; it's wonderful to finally meet you after literally years of saying we should do so.

(Maybe I'll bring the scotch! I found a bottle of The McCallen Cask Strength in Annapolis that was amazing! I left it at my sister's place since I only had a carry-on, so maybe I could bring it down. Seriously, it is amazing! It's like drinking scotch fireworks...)

Cheers!

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there's only one person left on the list now. :o (And then there was one...) :o

Some day I really, really want to fly to an event. (Hint, hint.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 year later...

Oh, I just answered your other question about this by sending to the website you've probably already found. Since Blackjohn stopped doing it there hasn't been much Pub representation for the event. If Cuisto Mako's suggestion doesn't pan out, I'd try contacting the Lockhouse Museum via the number on the flyer.

Mission_banner5.JPG

see here. Munk is no longer running the event. Crimson Corsair is now in charge. Lockhouse wants more of a pirate type festival, it is no longer aimed at being strictly historical.

https://pyracy.com/in...890#entry408890

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Not a problem ...didn't notice the dual post either until after.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

This seems like it should be an 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' moment. I've only ever heard people talk about Lockhouse as one of the premiere, 'must attend before I die' events. It's interesting that any event should wish to make their event more of a pirate type festival, and thereby make it less so. I grew up at a time when 'county fair' meant something altogether different. You knew what 'county fair' meant, because you expected the kind of local fair that came with it. The definition today is closer to 'county carnival', defined by the portable rides and cotton candy vendors. So if an event that is already heralded as a pirate festival becomes more of a pirate type festival, does it also become more of a carnival?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I think Blackjohn and his group were the driving force behind keeping the event historical in nature. When he left, the event changed to meet the needs of those who were willing to organize it. In truth, the evening festivities when I was there were filled with people in fantasy pirate garb (as you will notice when you read the third page of the Surgeon's Journal for that event linked in the first post), so the event was already split in a way.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Honestly, from talking to Munk it was all Lockhouse's idea, that is why Munk stepped down from running the event. Things were already changing the year the original Lockhouse folks left. They were great supporters of the history side of things and really bent over backwards to help.

Crewe of the Archangel

Well that's too bad. That being said, the site was cute and all, but it was not that special either. It was the people involve and present there that would made the lockhouse different and worth it. I didn't drove back and forth 11 hours in 2010 for the site. I did it for the people.

I sure would like to meet those people again, maybe a bit further north closer to Philadelphia for example? Any place with a bit of land or in front of water can do the trick. Any suggestion?