Sept. 18th and 19th - Columbus, OH - Santa Maria Pirate Weekend

michaelsbagley

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Here are some more pictures from my facebook album - My link

63490_431587491727_668311727_5206082_2660322_n.jpg

Edited by Iron Jon

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission_Inst_Table_Front_Angle_w_Mission.jpg

Ha ha ha! That's great!

Mission: Mercury Barber-Surgeon, Chief Bottle Opener and Jedi Knight. B)

The Mercury - you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow - that's some cauter, Mission!

Edited by Matty Bottles

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I signed up for a new online toy and started messing around with the "Picknik" feature on Flickr. :rolleyes:

I edited this photo just now -

5024139656_1766cd07b8_b.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

• 2 years later...

ahoy mates... me and my old man had planned to go to Put in Bay this year, but his class reunion is the same weekend. so I was wondering, if this is going to be as big an event and as good a one as it was last year? We're looking for a BIG exciting pirate fest to go to.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

ahoy mates... me and my old man had planned to go to Put in Bay this year, but his class reunion is the same weekend. so I was wondering, if this is going to be as big an event and as good a one as it was last year? We're looking for a BIG exciting pirate fest to go to.

The May event has generally been the more successful Santa Maria event (We had over 50 pirates there last May, and just shy of 40 the previous May), while the September edition has struggled the last couple of years (with participant attendance below 20).... That said, the more that come, the bigger it will be! The September Santa Maria will also be the last opportunity to attend one of these for a year or two while the river undergoes rerouting and some changes (basically the ship will be closed for the 2014 season, and likely reopened at some point for the 2015 season).

Michael_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunatly, I can't make the ,may one, due to the time it will take to save money for expenses and sueveneirs. (i calculated, and projected it at nearly 19 weeks...or more) we plan to attend the Redbeard Feast in New York... it looked decent from the website. next year i will be aiming for Put in Bay

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.