Oct 2 & 3, Buccaneers Day, Two Harbors, Catalina Island

Graydog

http://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/twoHarbors/Calendar.php

Text From Above:

Buccaneers Day (Catalina Island, California)

October 2nd

Argh Mateys! Come celebrate our 21st Annual Buccaneer’s Day. Don your best pirate attire and set sail for Two Harbors for a day of treasure hunts, costume contests, great food, live music and a lot of fun.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The location is on a part of the island that comes as close as possible to demanding you approach from the water. I do not know if the "Catalina Express" or other shuttle service handles this location. Everybody I know that has gone was either on their own boat or somebody else's. I have heard that certain of the areas Tall Ships do attend this on occassion. Mostly, it's a small pleasure craft event/big party time. Some people get there as early as Wednesday to ensure they can get a good place to tie up. The reports I have gotten is that it's one hell of a pirate party, but alas, I have never attended so can't give any first hand info.

Fair Winds,

-Greydog

P.S. Speak of the devil just got an E-mail on this subject. Seems the Tall Ship "American Pride" will be attending and ye can hitch a ride, for a price. The cost is $190 which includes transportation, food and lodging. This ship is 130 foot tallship. It leaves Long Beach, CA about 7 am on Sat and comes back on Sun about noonish. You can make reservations with the American Pride at (714) 970-8800.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I done signed the Articles (ok, I bought a ticket). Never gone before, but I have got some smashing reports from other lads that have made the voyage and the subsequent party. Still a few tickets left if anybody is interested on taking the American Pride over to this er event.

Here's the website for the Tall Ship http://www.americanpride.org/

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!