Patrick Hand

Yer Pyratical Art...

14 posts in this topic

I wanted to post some pictures of some stuff I've been workin' on, But I didn't want to start a whole new thread just to show a few pictures.....

SO...this thread is where anyone can post an' show thier artwork... wot they've painted, drew (drawed) or wot not.....

***********************************************************************************************

***********************************************************************************************

Lately, I've been playin' in Second Life waaaaaay to much..... and I've made a few different Tiny Pyrate Avitars (a tiny is an Avitar that is only about half a meter tall)

Anyway..... here are some "snapshots" of the Pyrate Avitars that I've made in 3D for Second Life.....

PyRat-3.jpg

A tiny PyRat

BuccaneerBunnie.jpg

A tiny Buccaneer Bunnie

CaptPU.jpg

tiny Capt. PU

PlunderBunnie.jpg

And a tiny Plunder Bunnie

I might post a snapshot of my full sized Steampunk Airship Pyrate Avitar later....

Kewl stuff, Patrick! But...I think the Plunder Bunny looks more like a Playboy Bunny! LOL

Aye, Patrick me friend, that's awesome!

My favorite be the PyRat!

The pun is mightier than the s-word!

Aye, I can add one fer this har 3D thread! Just finished this one this morn:

"A Buccaneer's Last Resort"

gallery_6451_101_288615.jpg

Here is a map I did:

CaribbeanChart.jpg

and Jack:

CaptJack.jpg

Fine artwork there, pubmates.

Fine lookin' charts, Wes.

~Lady B

Oderlesseyeonshorecopy.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

Here are a couple of drawings I made recently. Any tips on improvement would be great; I don't have much experience with drawing.

"They made a Bowl of Punch, and went to drinking the Pretender's Health."

This one was a lot of work. I like how the lantern and the right-hand pirate turned out, but not much of anythng else. It's supposed to show Stede Bonnet and his crew drinking King James III's health on the Francis, July 31, 1718.

Gallows Point

Not an effort at any real historical incident here, just imagining what Gallows Point might have looked like from a pirate's perspective, except that the gallows here is probably too far from the shoreline for the tide to reach. I think the high key and somber tone make a nice contrast with the previous drawing.

Hummmm... Gallows Point reminds me of Jerry 'Hangman' Jerk's gibbet at Gallow Tree Hill on Romney Marsh in Doctor Syn by Russell Thorndike.

Jas. Hook ;)

Hummmm... Gallows Point reminds me of Jerry 'Hangman' Jerk's gibbet at Gallow Tree Hill on Romney Marsh in Doctor Syn by Russell Thorndike.

Jas. Hook ;)

I found a copy of Thorndike's book on the Web, but it doesn't seem to have any illustrations of Gallows Tree Hill. Thanks for the reference, though!

Daniel -

None that I know of, but having read the book your illustration replaces the one in my mind's eye. ^_^

A simple, sturdy gibbet built by Mipps at Jerry's bidding on a raised, bleak patch of marsh that Jerry has purchased.

I guess that's what drawings and illustrations are suppose to do, aid you the use of your imagination.

Jas. Hook ;)

Ultimate Greyhound V2

Tassle Coat

Orders of the Royale Rainbow

Abassa Isle

Captain Flint

Captain Hook

Black Pearl

Bring me that Horizon

Orders of the Royale Rainbow

Crest of the Devil

King of Land VS King of Sea