Looking for authors for the news letter

ahoy folks,

CSF produces a quarterly news letter and is in need of articles. The articles need not be long- 1/2 page typed is normal. We are looking for colonial maritime historical interests, sorry no fiction. We don't have resources to pay for articles, but a heart felt thank you and seeing your article in print would be something. I'll talk with the board and see about offering a membership for a year if we print your article. for an example of what we publish please visit http://www.colonialseaport.org/HORIZON-Spring10b.pdf

thanks for looking.

-dutch

ahoy folks,

CSF produces a quarterly news letter and is in need of articles. The articles need not be long- 1/2 page typed is normal. We are looking for colonial maritime historical interests, sorry no fiction. We don't have resources to pay for articles, but a heart felt thank you and seeing your article in print would be something. I'll talk with the board and see about offering a membership for a year if we print your article. for an example of what we publish please visit http://www.colonials...N-Spring10b.pdf

thanks for looking.

-dutch

I'm happy to help with what I can... I used to write for school newspapers, but admittedly it's been awhile. Quite frankly, it would help me out too, because it would be something I can list as volunteer work on job applications (apparently, housewife is still seen as "sitting on ass eating chocolates and watching daytime t.v." while I see it as more like "overworked and underpaid").

I can't open your link, and I'm lacking on background regarding the items that would be included in any case. I'm beyond new to this. But again, happy to help however I can.

good morning ashley, it was great having you out with us the other week. head to the foundations web site- www.colonialseaport.org on the left side of the home page is a menu, towards the bottom is a section with the news letters in it. you'll see that sometimes the articles cover a wide range of topics, but as long as it can relate to colonial maritime we're good to go. cookie did a bit on food last time. our biggest constraint is space. 1/2 page articles tend to work out best, but a full pager sneaks in every now and then. also think seasonal, while christmas aboard ship may be a good topic, we may have to wait an issue to make it timely.

good morning ashley, it was great having you out with us the other week. head to the foundations web site- www.colonialseaport.org on the left side of the home page is a menu, towards the bottom is a section with the news letters in it. you'll see that sometimes the articles cover a wide range of topics, but as long as it can relate to colonial maritime we're good to go. cookie did a bit on food last time. our biggest constraint is space. 1/2 page articles tend to work out best, but a full pager sneaks in every now and then. also think seasonal, while christmas aboard ship may be a good topic, we may have to wait an issue to make it timely.

I'm presuming you're ready to issue another newletter, but are short on articles. Would it be helpful if I e-mailed you a few mock-ups, and let you decide what would fit best? If there are time constraints, I believe it would be more productive to research only what you think should be included. I can always expand on any others you find interesting for later newsletters. Unfortunately, my only experience revolves around scrubbing cast iron with wood ash, and while I can always write about that, I doubt any level of actual interest.

we're going to use pictures of the latest events. we need to show some results of our work to keep interest up. written words don't show the custom house or the work on Luna. Depending on what surfaces over the next week, we may ad a center fold sheet or hold articles for the next issue in the fall. We only do a news letter, I can only imagine a magazine. fortunately, all i have to do is make sure its being done and proof it.

just email me what you might have handy and well see what fits. lots of choices are good.

we're going to use pictures of the latest events. we need to show some results of our work to keep interest up. written words don't show the custom house or the work on Luna. Depending on what surfaces over the next week, we may ad a center fold sheet or hold articles for the next issue in the fall. We only do a news letter, I can only imagine a magazine. fortunately, all i have to do is make sure its being done and proof it.

just email me what you might have handy and well see what fits. lots of choices are good.

So, in essence, you're just looking for articles regarding the current status of these two projects?